September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

Status Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Status Report

Post by Ambria on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Officers of the Court, contact me at your most possible earliest convenience.

For all Loyal Members of this Praxis, I will give a small favor for your statement of perspective of last gathering.

For those who wish sanctuary, who have lost their haven among the rubble there is a place for you to go, details will follow.

We are pressed about from all sides

And time, for once, is not on our ally.

Inscribed this night by James Hostewick,

By the will of the Honorable Alder Elena of House Corsetti, Respected Earl of Dark Ridge.
-- Invictus, Succubus, Damned --

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Re: Status Report

Post by Chris Alexander on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 pm

To Her Grace, the Honorable Alder Elena of House Corsetti, Respected Earl of Dark Ridge.

What exactly would you like to know your Grace? How your Hound nearly ended the requiem of yet another member of our Court, a member of the Movement I might add. How, despite having the assurances of the other two members of the Invictus, it was the Sheriff and myself that ended up keeping tabs on your wayward dog. However, even our best efforts were not enough to keep him reigned in. It would seem that Sir Lockewood has gone and possibly offed himself ... who knows. The last the Sheriff and I ever heard from him was a cryptic message about investigating Shadowlake Bay for the cause of the earthquakes, by himself of course, and he seemed to think he might not return, as if that would do us any good other than the obvious.

If Q makes it out of his ordeal in tack I will be expecting recompense for his actions. He has perhaps become unstable due to his interactions with so many otherworldly beings ... Strix, Sorcerers, that place in the Park, Ancient Kindred, and who knows what else from his recent excursion. He needs a tighter leash or if he has become a liability then he may need to be put down.

In other news, thanks in no small part to my own investigative abilities, I have discovered that the man called Grimm is a Dhampir. His Aura was like the one "rescued" the previous month from the scientists. We may have captured one maybe two others during the course of the night. I have two of them under lock and key, guarded by members of the Movement, my own Ghouls and the human agents I possess. At least, I know they can be trusted to do what I say without question.

Other than that the only other thing to truly report is that the city is in utter chaos. Monthly earthquakes and tremors are making it hard to get reliable blood donors. Everyone is on edge and no one has any answers. I begin to wonder if abandoning this city wouldn't be the better recourse before the entire city is claimed by the ocean itself.

As always if you feel you need any other information, I am happy to provide what I can. You need only ask.

With regards,
Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:59 am

Jack,

I'm sure it brings you much joy to know that I'm alive and well with news to provide to the Officers once I have more time to sit down and make a report. Not that this is even remotely addressing your concerns listed. I just wanted to make sure you are reminded that I continue to remain on top of my duties and responsibilities.

On to your listed grievances. I'll bullet point them to better address them directly:

• The temporary lost of control of my actions through frenzy.
  • Being kept "tabs" of.
  • A lack of information regarding what I was doing.
  • Recompensation.

Those seem to be the core issues you've brought up. If I've missed one, by all means inform me. I do want to make sure that this is all addressed well and in the open as you so seem to desire.

Concerning my loss of control through recent acts of frenzy:

It has been proven that in two of the cases of my loss of control that it was caused by direct influences outside of the normal causes of Frenzy. The first being the time I struck Miss Voland was proven that I was under a momentary control of the Mage and prestation was offered for it regardless of the hostile act upon myself. The second time was this most recent one where I struck down Miss Sturges where that, once again, it was investigated and the conclusion was made that it was no normal Frenzy that brought me to the state in which I struck her. Again, I provided prestation as befitting for the incident.

The other time was a mark against my own character and all I can do is apologize for it. As a Mekhet, I am adverse to fire more than any of you. I fled a sudden car explosion, with fire, with utmost haste to preserve my Requiem.

Now I spell these out for a singular purpose, Jack. The affected parties have been appropriately compensated despite the clearly hostile actions being taken against me to cause this. Who are you to bring them up again? As far as I understand, once prestation is offered, those incidents are not to be brought up again unless by the affected parties or a Harpy. This may be my own shortcoming of understandings in this nature, as I am but a Neonate, but you seem to be rather rude to bring this up again.

Now, concerning the desire you all had to keep watch of me after these actions. In part, you have yourself to blame. I was fine keeping up with you all for most of the night, and oft repeated that I would be going on my own regardless at some point, but it was in the Catacombs that you let yourself down. I had to protect Grimm amidst the earthquakes that were raining down rocks on his head. I cannot afford to stand around and wait for you all to make a decision on that regard so I grabbed him and I went. Not once did you make an attempt to find me as I made a mad dash through the Necropolis. You didn't even show up on my missed calls log on my cellphone. Once I emerged, of my own ability, I had to reach out to contact Miss Hubble to bring the man to her.

You're welcome for that. I'm glad I could be the main reason you were able to even discover if he was a Dhampir or not. Good that you make mention of that in your report.

Onto your grievance on the lack of information regarding what I was doing down in the Bay. That is simple: I didn't know what was going to be on the other end other than potentially something that may or may not have had the ability to end my Requiem. I had no idea where exactly I was going, I had no idea what exactly I was going to see and the only thing I do know has been explained to the Prince in detail prior to this particular event. I was doing my duties, Jack. The Archon doesn't have deputies and I was not about to subject anyone else to this danger until I knew what was going on. I was scouting Jack. Thus the information I have now to report to the Officers.

Once again, you're welcome that I have the initiative to look into the core problems that threaten our very lives in Dark Ridge. So far as I understand it that is usually an admirable trait of an Archon. Strange how it is suddenly a negative quality here.

Lastly, your desire for compensation.

No.

Always,

Acknowledged Mekhet Priscus
Acknowledged Knight of the First Estate
Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:05 pm

I forgot to mention an incident that occurred while in a Frenzy. This one is hard to recall, as I was not aware this had happened until after being pulled out of torpor and because I have many more things to be thinking about than past events that have been resolved amicably, but it is the time I struck down Miss Hubble after attempt to glean information out of the ancients we discovered. This one is like be a question of my own willpower against something so old, and I am at fault for that, but this too was resolved by offering prestation for the incident to Miss Hubble.

Again, only to defend myself against your scrutiny Jack, dare I bring this up again. Otherwise this has been resolved.

Acknowledged Mekhet Priscus
Acknowledged Knight of the First Estate
Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:51 pm

You are correct Q, I should thank you. I should thank you for making my point for me. As you have so clearly pointed out, even though our dear Sheriff seems to be simply an after thought for you, on three separate occasions you have been influenced by some outside source. Whether it be the Sorcerer, the Ancient Kindred found last month, or whatever the hell caused you to once again attack a member of this court. You are a liability Q. As the Seneschal of this city it is MY duty to inform Her Grace of what is going on within her territory. To keep her abreast of every potential issue that threatens her Praxis so that she can make an informed decision, to make all those in her Court aware of her decrees, and to be her hand in her absence. You are one of those potential issues.

As to duty you seem to have an over inflated idea of your duties. Her Grace may have given you a long leash in the past esp when there was no Sheriff in this city, but it is not the place of the Hound to investigate the matters of the city. It is not the purview of the Hound to take a Prisoner from the very hands of the Sheriff herself and abscond with him into the depth of the Necropolis of which he has no idea how to navigate.

You want to know why we were standing around? It was to wait and allow me to guide everyone out of the Necropolis as I was the only one present to be able to do so. However, in your infinite wisdom, you decide you could do better on your own as usual. Something you seem to think you have a right to do. Let me inform you now just how wrong you are on that subject.

You are not an investigator. You are an assassin at best and leg breaker at worst. You are the left hand of Her Grace which she sends out to punish those bad little vamps she says needs to be punished. Yours is not to question but to follow commands like your title, Hound, suggests. In your reckless attempts to do things on your own you actually hinder the investigations of the individual who's duty it is to actually investigate the problems of this city. You act like a wild untrained dog and you do Her Grace a disservice by acting as such. You constantly disregard her orders and have on many occasions confronted the Prince in a manner not befitting your station both as a Officer of this Court and as a member of the Invictus.

You seem to think that your position is above scrutiny, but again you are wrong. You have proven time and again that your recklessness causes more problems that it creates solutions. Your inability to be in command of your own mind is a liability. How can this city relax if at any moment the Prince's named assassin could randomly attack any one of us. Granted, we have so many issues that none of us should be relaxed right now, but we should not have to look over our shoulder for you blades to stab us in the back.

Your prestation to your victims not withstanding the pattern of events surrounding you should not go unnoticed or unrecognized. The recompense I had called for was originally for a member of my Movement, not myself. If, however, you have made that prestation so be it. Though, as a Respected member of this city, a High ranking member of this Praxis, second only to Her Grace, and as not just a Priscus but also the Leader of the Movement who's member you attacked, I am WELL within my rights to ask prestation myself for your lone wolf antics at the last gathering.

Finally, as to the occasion of the incident with the exploding car. I would never bring up, nor did I, you aversion to fire. Though your clan has an exasperated form of said fear, it is something we all share. A weakness of our condition that need not be counted in the tally against you. However, it seems the only weakness you seem truly willing to recognize with yourself. You over look the glaring weaknesses I have presented.

Thus, with regards,
Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambria on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Domain,

It is a dangerous precedent to set; saying that ones face is that of the Order that they belong too.
You reap bad with good, for if you claim all members belong to you, you alone are responsible for their actions.

Now, such a thing can happen when a Kindred is unaligned with a city, and sometimes his Clan or Covenant will speak for him then, but everyone knows what a risky endeavor this can be.

I remember a conversation I had, when an unacknowledged Kindred wrecked my party and broke the peace in the Estate's Haven.
Then later he have gall to say he lied to me in the presentation of his behavior.
Those who spoke for him declined to pay me respect for the slight, saying that he and only he, was responsible for his actions.

So I get my pound of flesh from the individual in question.
Imagine, now should those same people that declined my request, now demand it from others, because it now suits them.
While we are predators and this type of behavior is to be expected it lacks in all words, subtly and tact.

For while I may speak for the First Estate, I am not solely responsible for their welfare.
They have also their clan, they are full members of this Praxis and it is disrespectful to think that they cannot be mindful of their own actions.

But I digress. This is a conversation suited for better times when there is little to talk about.

This "Grimm" is a self-made vampire, and not quite the Dhampir threat that I feared.
Apparently very large doses of this blood-like drug can turn an individual into a mere shadow of ourselves, of true Kindred.
A true Dhampir is something far more insidious and deadly, especially to their parent Clan.

Do not engage Bruce or Scarlet for the time being.
As they are Daeva, I will dealing with them.

Sir Lockewood, haphazard investigation or not, has discovered the possible cause and source of the quakes.
It seems, and I hate to speculate, but it seems that there is a very large Wyvern at the bottom of the bay that is wounded.

Prayer, rite and ritual lead me to believe that this may be the cause of the Earth Mother legend that surrounds this mountain range and what led the first Corsetti Prince to come here.

Those people that came from underground over half a year ago (Mole people I think they were called?) have set up a following as they claim to have lived “in the echo of the mother’s heartbeat” of the earth. They also quote words and testimonial from an old ghoul my family once had.

These Brood, this avatar of the Adversary, claim to be here to "awaken the great Dragon."

Perhaps these words that I say liken to more a spiritual battle, of demons and angels, of gods and men.

I know not.

We will gather in a few days time, at Corsetti Tower. We will discuss.
It may well be the last time we have a gathering in Dark Ridge.

Inscribed this night by James Hostewick,

By the will of the Honorable Alder Elena of House Corsetti, Respected Earl of Dark Ridge.
-- Invictus, Succubus, Damned --

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum