August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

A Rebuttal to the Most Recent Prisci Harpy Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Rebuttal to the Most Recent Prisci Harpy Report

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:50 am

As Ms. Hubble is a member of the Prisci council, she was selected by our numbers to represent our voice in the wake of Ms. Voland's disappearance. This was a grave mistake.

As the voice of the Prisci Council, even temporarily, she is representing our collective will and opinion, but in doing so we are all lumped together to supposedly share the views presented in her report. This is not the case, and you, dear citizens of Dark Ridge, deserve to know the other side of the story.

Her praises were well deserved; William Foresythe and Sir Quentin Lockwood were noble assets to our city as of late, and rightfully, they have gained the favor of the city for their deeds.

The club where the night began, that of Bruce and Scarlet, was attacked, and from later investigation, it merely seems the drapes were set ablaze by something like a lighter. There was not even an accelerant used, so it is unlikely the target was the club, or even those of us within it, but perhaps to distract us, or to draw attention to a business owned by one of us. The Parliament seems to want to cause mayhem from within our ranks more than they wish to outright destroy us, or they would have chosen stronger hosts and done the deed long ago. That said, the bodies that were not able to get up and run away were dealt with, and the fire was put out by myself and Mr. Hightower, so there was little damage done overall to the building or our reputation within the city.

Next up is her allegations against our fine Prince for supposedly using us as bait. This is absolutely ludicris. Ms. Hubble sites our leaving Jack's safe house as a reason why she feels she was dangled on a hook, but she must not realize that we left the safe house only after a raging inferno started in the car outside, with no clear way to put it out without inflicting harm to at least one individual, and this inferno was going to cause unwanted guests to arrive - firefighters, police, possibly more Brood and/or Striges. The decision was not made entirely by Her Grace, but was a collective decision by many involved to not be there when the city officials arrive. The safe house was "burned" for Jack already; there was no sense getting any of us on the local law enforcement radar too.

Lastly, the bit about the Strix that was killed, and the events leading up to that. As you all know, I put down wards within Her Grace's haven to prevent others from entering, and while that included the strix, it also included our Herald, Jacob Andrews, who was not accounted for in the room at the time. I waited as long as I could, and then put up the ward. In doing so, I trapped our Herald outside the room, but offered to go find him and put him within a protective ward was well. Her Grace was furious and reprimanded me in a way I understand and harbor no ill-will for. She was upset, and in her anger, she struck me. I stayed composed, as I knew she merely cared for her family, her city, and her people. She wanted all to be safe, not just herself. This is noble, but as I could not ensure his safety at the time, I still took it upon myself to ensure the safety of all the others there that night. If protecting the city's Kindred from harm is a sin against the city, then yes, I deserve to be seen only as Valued, but if that is the case, I am unsure I care much what the city thinks of me. I did what was necessary in the heat of battle to ensure the safety of as many Kindred of our city as possible, and even offered to risk my own safety to find Jacob Andrews and do the same for him. I understand the rage Her Grace felt at the time, that was under great stress and the heat of the moment, but for anyone who still considers what I did wrong, please come to me, for I wish to understand how one could possibly have such an opinion.

Furthermore, the Strix had gotten away from Mr. Hightower and Mr. Andrews, and was heading through the vents towards our gathering, when it hit the edge of the room vent and was forced back the way it had come. This creature was getting away, either towards us to cause more harm, or fleeing to fight another day, but it hit *MY WARDS* and was pushed back into the arms of a pursuing Mr. Andrews and Mr. Hightower. Without my wards, it would have not been caught, and it would not have been destroyed. So again, is such an act a sin against this city? You all tell me. I am not asking for my status to be returned to me with an apology or some nonsense, I am not that petty. I am asking you all, as individuals and as a collective, to think long and hard on what sort of traits you wish to admire and revere within this city...those who only blindly follow orders, or those who act in everyone's best interest, even if it means punishment comes later for their disobedience? That question is one of the most important you can ponder these coming nights. We fight against ourselves far too much. We accuse one another of foul play or of seedy intentions. This is the strategy the Parliament has chosen to employ, and so far, I fail to see how we are beating it. We are playing entirely into their plans.

Instead, let us think about something we gained that evening, for the intelligence we gained was two fold. The first is obvious, as it was stated within the Harpy Report: The Strix can be harmed and killed. It apparently does not take some special magical weapon, or fancy banes...just damage. They can be grappled, injured and destroyed. Let us use this new information to our advantage and plan an offensive soon. Secondly, and less obvious it would seem, is that the Striges showed us yet another card from their hand without gaining anything in return. When they sent the Brood after us, they woke them from torpor. Previously we were under the assumption that torporing a possessed individual would cause the Strix to leave the body. Had we continued under that misinformation, we might have been taken by surprise by a sleeper agent or nasty ambush. Instead, all we got were weak brood who got up again. We put them down easily the first time, it was not difficult to put one or two down again after they got up. Many fled, but they did not take any of us with them, so this new information came at much lower cost than I could forsee. They slipped up. Let us use that information to realize they are not masterminds, they are children, playing with weapons they do not fully know how to utilize. We can defeat them. WE WILL DEFEAT THEM.

I leave you with this. This is not a Harpy Report, this is my opinion to the Prisci Harpy Report. This is transparency. If you agree, or wish to add something, go ahead, this is an open discussion now. If you disagree and want to tell me to shove off, that is fine too. I personally would rather we fight here and now, and fully flesh out our problems and disagreements so we can once again work together to defend our city. To continue on the path we have been taking is to continue on the road that leads to our distruction. I would not have that, would you?

Stay safe, my friends,
Richard Bradford
Valued Master of Elysium of the City of Dark Ridge
Recognized Ventrue

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rebuttal to the Most Recent Prisci Harpy Report

Post by Meg Johnson on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:49 pm

It seems that someone has felt the sting of my words.  As a harpy, even a temporary one, if you don't ruffle a few feathers, then you're not doing it right.  Mr. Richard Bradford, you had the same chance the rest of the council had to contact me with any information you would have liked to appear in the harpy report.  I announced to the council to get in touch with me privately with their information. You chose not to take advantage of this opportunity.  Your lack of effort to provide information to me is in no way my fault, no matter how much you complain.  It is truly a sad night when a leader cannot take the time to represent their own clan.  

Now that you have read the harpy report without your input, which was your choice, you want to stand in the fire and complain that it is hot. This, of course, is no one's fault but your own. You make this rebuttal to posture and insert yourself into the highlights of our misfortune.  All of that effort just to make a status drop seem unjustified.  It's as if you enjoy reveling in the plights of our fair city.  You seem to enjoy dancing around the real issues at hand.  You managed to commit not just one, but TWO sins that warranted a drop in status.  Firstly, you completely disrespected our lovely Prince.  Second, you went against the wishes of an elder of this city.  Tsk tsk, Mr. Bradford.  You know, If you put half the effort into your job as Master of Elysium as you put into trying to dance around a drop in status, maybe you would be better at it.

Speaking of her Grace, I would like to address what was said in my report about her. You, my dear Bradford, were not privileged to the information that came across my desk. You are assuming you know all of the pieces in play. Do you believe our Prince is infallible? That she is incapable of making a poor decision?  Perhaps your nose is that brown, but I am not afraid to speak out and disagree with her when the situation merits such an action. Our Prince KNEW that the attack was coming, and chose not to tell anyone. We were left blind.  What if we had lost a Kindred to the brood attack?  What if it were you who had lost your requiem to her lack of communication?

However, even with all your pomp and show, I agree that we need to start working together.  I am graciously willing to offer my own transparency.  As many of you know, we had a recent earthquake.  Sir Q managed to find out what we suspect is causing them. There is a “lava” filled crack at the bottom of the bay. Elder Blackmore believes it to be a pit into hell. Sir Q vehemently stands by his words that this could be a natural phenomenon. We need to come together and find out if this crack is natural or supernatural and how the hell we can close it.

In closing, I hope the rest of you have learned from Mr. Bradford's blunderings.  If you choose to break the rules, be prepared for the consequences.  Remember, fellow Kindred of Dark Ridge, I care for you all.  I do not express these words out of anger or hatred.  I want you all to grow, to become better Kindred (Bradford!).  This can only happen if we work together and follow the rules our leaders have laid down for us.

With Love,
Your "Temporary" Prisci Harpy Robin

Meg Johnson
Admin
Admin

http://Opium-Aether.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Ms. Hubble,

Your venom for the sake of venom just proves my point. You lash at me for disrespecting someone with my actions, then in the same breath you disrespect the same person in public. Giving you a title that wields status is like giving a blind child a straight razor and roller skates.

We know what Ms. Hubble believes now, how about we get some other citizens to offer their thoughts?

Richard Bradford
Valued Master of Elysium of the City of Dark Ridge
Recognized Ventrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Everyone,

I think we all know I am one that loathes getting involved in the politics of this Court. Between running a security company that will secure our borders from unwanted intrusion, hunting down the Striges and discovering other supernatural elements in this city I think I can safely say I've been a very busy man. I assume we wall want me to focus on the threats that threaten our continued existence, rather than devout time towards posturing for social laurels.

That being said I also strongly believe in Peace and Order. Above all things these are the reasons I continue to fight. Seeing discord in our social circles are a concern to me being that they distract us from bigger issues at hand. When they get to the point, such as they have currently over this Prisci Harpy Report, I pay attention. Attention that I would rather spend on this issue in the Bay or uncovering another lead to help us get to the bottom of this Striges madness.

So, I will voice my opinion in this matter in the hopes of encouraging us all to get back to the matters that concern our very existence.

Mister Bradford,

What is the point in this? You demand clarity and that you bring this topic up so that the entire court will understand 'the other side of the story' when the only other side is your's and the only thing you're demanding is that we all pay attention to you. If you wish to truly be a benefit to this city, as I can tell you so strongly desire from this open discussion, then I would suggest you do as I do: Ignore your status and do what you know you have to do.

If this city appreciates it, it will come regardless of you pointing it out or not. If the city doesn't appreciate it, who cares? You are doing as you know you should and that is all that matters. Lead by example and don't demand to be acknowledged for your deeds. Accept it when it happens, shrug when it doesn't and certainly don't even blink when it is turned against you.

That being said I will express my disappointment in how you decided to address this whole affair. You voted, you were given opportunity that you decided to ignore and your response to it all has been to undermine the entire Council for - what I can only see as - posturing for yourself. There are better ways to discuss these things rather than denounce the very person you voted for because it didn't go your way. She is representing our collective voice and opinion. The issue here - as I see it - is that you chose not to put a voice or opinion until after the deed was done. Be proactive, rather than reactive, and perhaps this city will be more inclined to discuss you in a positive light.

You did well by me until this discussion and your decision to undermine the entire point of the Prisci Council. In my eyes you are sewing the very discord you state you wish to absolve. Keep in mind what we have discussed in the past. I do not wish to think the things we have discussed are purely for your own benefit regardless of the state of the city around you. I certainly do not wish to have to set aside time to think long and hard about them.

Miss Hubble,

If I may I would like to be analytical of your recent Harpy report. Approximately a tenth of your report was set in a positive tone that was directed towards Mister William. Another fourth was set aside in a definite negative tone towards Mister Bradford and Prince Corsetti. The rest I put as neutral.

You may be asking yourself right now about the status raise you gave me and the acknowledgement to Mister Jack for providing a safe house. While you may have intended to put these in a positive tone, your exact wording made it seem as you intended these praises to be a double-edged sword. For instance you deciding to call me a 'good little guard dog' rather than just end it with Archon or you giving Jack the praise of 'unusual courage' as if he was some sort of craven. Regardless of your positive intentions I would say these underhanded comments say enough.

Furthermore, what is the point in stoking this fire with Bradford? You could have easily stated that there were multiple facts that made you feel he deserved his drop in status without adding in terms like 'a brown nose' or stating he is blundering. The man does good for this city and still deserves respect for it. He is right, after all, that without his wards and preparations we would be in a much different state than we are now.

Perhaps choosing a better way of describing your feelings in this matter, without such clear distaste, would have meant for a more widely accepted report. Ruffling feathers and outright plucking them out to earn a screech are two different things.

Always,

Acknowledged Mekhet Priscus
Acknowledged Knight of the First Estate
Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl Jordan on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:29 pm

DEER BICKERING KINDRED,

SCARLET AND ME ARE FINE, BTW, THANKS FOR ASKING THE NIGHTS EMBRACE IS ALSO FINE. THE WAY i UNDERSTAND IT THE FIRE WAS PUT OUT BY MR BRADFORD AND MR HIGHTOWER AND MR HIGHTOWER ALSO KILLED A STRIX AND THAT WAS IN PART DUE TO THE WARDS THAT BRADFORD GOT SLAPPED AROUND OVER.

WHAT THA FUCK DOES A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET MORE STATUS AROUND HERE?! APPARENTLY PUTTING OUT A KINDRED GATHERING THATIS ON FIRE AND THEN KILLING THE UNKILLABLE NEMESIS OF THE COURT IS NOT ENOUGH. BUT SAYING YOU ARE A PASEFIST AND THEN STICKING TO IT IS A FUCKING MIRACLE BOON TO THE CTIY (NO OFFENSE MR FORESYTHE).

MAYBE i'M BEING BI-IST SEEING AS HOW IT WAS MY CLUB THAT WAS PUT OUT WITH ME STILL HIDING IN IT BUT i SURE THINK THATS WORTH SOMETHIN. LIKE, TO THE CITY. THEM'S PRETTY LOUD ACTIONS.

BRUCE DEBEERS FONTAINE, ESQUIRE
Carl Jordan
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum