August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

Checking In

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Checking In

Post by Admin on Mon May 11, 2015 11:47 am

((OOC: Last game, We determined that the Kindred of the city need to check in the night after the gathering to ensure that everyone made it through the day after the Strix's deadline passed. If your character would check in, please do so in this thread. This will be SOFT RP, meaning no dice rolls.

Lord Bradford's ghouls will be checking everyone for signs of posession as they enter. Assume that everyone is good, no signs of possession are shown.))

IC:
Scarlet and Bruce arrive at an earlier hour than usual for the two Daeva, Scarlet wearing a red dress that would better be suited to Jessica Rabbit, and Bruce in a newly pressed tailored pin stripe suit. They saunter into the Art Gallery, tolerating the ghouls checking them over and sit off to one side, waiting for the others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darkridge.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking In

Post by Lee Berger on Mon May 11, 2015 8:13 pm

This time Q didn't arrive in his known hoodie, camo pants and untied shoes combo that made him seem like some street thug. This time, considering the grounds he was walking onto, he arrived in a nice pair of black dress slacks, a dark red leather set of shoes, a deep red button up shirt and a black vest with a black tie to wrap it all together. He even went so far as to ditch his hoodie altogether and let his dark blonde hair come out styled for anyone to see.

For once he was dressed appropriately, even if it made him so terribly uncomfortable as he tried to adjust his tie another time.

After enduring the ghouls testing his eyes, he moved his way through the gallery to find a nice corner to hold up in and wait for everyone else to arrive.

Acknowledged Mekhet Priscus
Acknowledged Knight of the First Estate
Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza Dalca on Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Eliza would arrive a few minutes after Mr. Lockewood, the click of her heels sounding her entrance as she paused to allow the flashlight to be brought across her eyes. A small wince and she waited for approval to move on through, knowing that if she still had the yellow eyes that marked her as different, she was bound to be sent to interrogation- which would inevitably lead to nothing in her opinion.

Once given the approval she needed, a small nod was given before she stepped through, her knee length white dress shifting to a soft rose color. Running her fingers through her hair, a vacant seat was taken, legs crossed and hands in her lap.

She would of course nod toward Mr. Lockewood, having not recognized the other two immediately.

Valued in the First Estate
Player's Name: Alex/Allie
Eliza Dalca
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 am

*Bradford would already be at the art gallery when others arrive, but would of course submit himself to be tested by either his ghouls or any who wish to do it to assure everyone he is alright as well. As this is an Elysium, and nothing will likely happen until all have arrived, he will greet each Kindred as they arrive*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambria on Tue May 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Lady Corsetti arrives, pushing open both doors easily with just a hand. They bang loudly into the adjacent walls and announce her presence to the rest of the gathered.

She waves dismissively at the two ghouls.
Da, da..check away if you must. But Yellow been gone since I rose.

They check her and her eyes are the same blood red as they've always been.

She turns, and seeing a pretty face she quickly goes to Dalca and kisses the top of her head affectionately.

"Eliza! So happy to you! Yellow gone? Gewd, gewd. We just wait till Mister Taylor get here. And Abigail, though if Old ghosts eat anyone it probably be her. They seemed to like.

Lord Bradford...and Lockewood, not to be confused with Whitlocke! I suppose we early, yes? Maybe others be along later. I wait till more people come before I begin.

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza Dalca on Tue May 12, 2015 5:03 pm

A raised eyebrow at the dramatic entrance and a soft chuckle to the kiss on her head, Eliza observed with mild amusement as Lady Red once again took the floor as if it were a Broadway Play.

"Mmm, I'm glad to see the same for yourself, Lady Red."

A nod would be given to Bradford as he greeted her, of course.

Valued in the First Estate
Player's Name: Alex/Allie
Eliza Dalca
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tomlin on Tue May 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Jacob would appear shortly after Lady Corsetti, amusement on his face most likely from her entrance. He will allow his eyes to be checked and then proceed to register everyone's beast in the room.

He nods politely at both Mr. Q and Lord Bradford. He will raise a hand in greeting to Bruce and Scarlet, his eyes staying a moment longer on Scarlet than on Bruce. He spots Eliza and Elena and approaches them.

He speaks softly with a touch of relief in his voice, "I'm glad to see you two and that you're both safe." His hand brushes Eliza's for a moment, and then he turns to Elena, "I do hope you're not causing too much of a fuss, that was a rather vocal entrance." He'll grin and wink at Elena.

Mike Tomlin
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Tue May 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Q would return the nods to everyone as they acknowledge him and that simple response would only change when Elena stated her line about him. "Well." He finally stated as he thought it over and Mister Andrews arrived, " I guess 'not Whitelock' is better than 'little Knife'. I still don't understand why you all don't just call me Q."

He gave a shrug to the small gathering and peered about the room with a sigh. Once again he reached up to adjust his tie, "I just hope this isn't all of us and the others are trying to be fashionably late."

Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by RJohnson83 on Tue May 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Nicholas Parker walks slowly through the door, his ghoul, Isabelle right behind him.  He stops and looks around, smiling and nodding to the other Kindred.  His smile withers as he sees Lord Bradford's ghouls approach him.  As one of the ghouls raises a light to check his eyes, he snarls, revealing a fang.  He slaps the ghoul's hand away, and growls, "Get your filthy hand out of my face before I have you castrated!  How dare you!"

He takes a step back to compose himself.  He looks down and adjusts his shirt, then runs his fingers over his beard to make sure it is smooth.  He looks up and spots Quintin.  "Ah, Mr. Q.!  Would you be so kind as to check my eyes please?  Oh, and Isabelle's too, I suppose."

He glances back at the two ghouls and glares at them.

Acknowledged in the city of Darkridge

Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.
RJohnson83
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carime on Tue May 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Abigail arrives about fifteen minutes after Lady Corsetti. Keeping her head down until asked to be check and giving a few glances around. Smiles when appropriate to others. Black slacks and a simple red button up shiny shirt. Her first order of business, checking in with Lady Red..

"Sorry for tardiness ma'am...I've got quite a bit I have been trying to research...so much information in one night. I need to process it all. Is everyone else well?"

Acknowledged in the City of Dark Ridge
of the First Estate

Acknowledged of the First Estate
Acknowledged Daeva Priscus
Recognized member of the City of Dark Ridge
Valued member of the City of Dark Ridge

Carime
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Q looked on as Mister Parker smacked away the ghoul and proceed to threaten them. He even remained impassive as the man beckoned him over to check his and his ghoul's eyes. He rolled his jaw a moment before he dug into his pocket as he walked over to the Hierophant. "Sure. I suppose. Though I don't think threatening the Keepers of Elysium is in good taste." He stated dryly as he dug out his flashlight and pocket knife combo.

With that said he does the standard test of flashing the LED light over the eyes of the two to (hopefully) confirm they are untainted before he eased the knife away and went back to his corner.

Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 10:41 pm

(First a bit annoyed, then with renewed conviction, Bradford responds) "Mr. Parker, you know the drill...Not only is this an Elysium, but those two, until a suitable Kindred replacement has been found, are in fact Keepers of Elysium, as Mr. Lockewood has just mentioned. They will be inspecting everyone's eyes when myself or the Sheriff are not doing it personally, and you are no exception. We are short staffed in a city with so much threatening us; we *WILL* work together and stop this petty nonsense. As these are my keepers, you will treat them exactly as you would treat me, and any threats or mistreatment will be handled as though they were directed at me. This transgression is forgiven, but please do not let it happen again. Whether you respect your own ghoul is your business, but mine are not your property, and will not be treated as such, especially when they are acting in official capacity."

Addressing the rest of the gathering, "If anyone should need anything while we wait for the rest to arrive, please do not hesitate to come to me."

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 pm

*It remains amazing what a little everyday life can disguise. Some distance down the street, with an intense but faraway look in his eyes, Whitlock observes the arrival of the night's worthy art patrons at a late night coffee shop. His signature hat temporarily missing, he looks like any other customer except that his coffee is long cooled in the paper cup. After the arrival of Abigail without apparent incident, he slurps down the cold liquid barely holding back revulsion, picks up his hat, and heads to the rear entrance of the gallery, where one of Bradford's ghouls is expecting him. Playing along with his own rules, he lets the light test occur, mindful of the critical assumption these test continue to make the city's kindred make. As he enters the main floor he can hear both Lady Corsetti and Mr. Parker in their usual exuberance.*

"Good evening, to you all. I see our search party is accounted for aside from Mr. Taylor. I had wanted to ensure none were followed by our mystical friends this evening though the hour grows late and I did not want to worry anyone. Has anyone spoken to Mr. Taylor tonight?"

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl Jordan on Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 pm

*Eerie music begins drifting in through the door, followed by a cool breeze, and then Father Strange in his floor length black robes. He looks around, lets the Keepers intrusively shine a light in his eyes, blinks hard, then begins walking to a dark corner to stake a table for the Sanctified.*

"Good evening, all. Hope I'm not interrupting anything."
Carl Jordan
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RJohnson83 on Wed May 13, 2015 5:45 am

Nicholas submits to the test performed by Q., then turns to listen to Lord Bradford. Nicholas raises his eyebrow as the other Kindred speaks, slowly shaking his head.

"I don't care what cute little names you have decided to call your pets, I will not respect any title bestowed to a ghoul. You may try to give them positions of power within our city, but do not expect the rest of us to acknowledge that power. Furthermore, why would any Kindred apply for a position that is held by a ghoul? Who among us do you believe to be a lesser Kindred then yourself, Lord Bradford? In short, no, I will *NOT* be manhandled by your ghouls. I find it disrespectful that you have decided to bestow titles upon them. You have assisted me with certain projects in the past, so *I* will look past this transgression. Good evening to you, Lord Bradford."

With that Nicholas Parker turns and leaves.

Acknowledged in the city of Darkridge

Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.
RJohnson83
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 13, 2015 6:16 am

(Muttered under his breath, but likely audible to anyone with "heightened senses" ) "Always the melodramatic one. .."

*Bradford looks around at the other Kindred assembled.*

"This should not come as news to any of you; it was announced a week or two ago, but to be clear, no agreeable Kindred candidate has stepped forward, so my ghouls are acting Keepers of Elysium for the time being. Is this going to be a problem for anyone else, or just Mr. Parker? They will not be afforded the ability to affect status as I am, nor will they do anything but alert me of any issues, unless physical violence has broken out and i am too far to respond in adequate time, in which case they are given permission to break up the fight and wait for me to arrive. Are these terms acceptable to you all? I apologize for the scene just now. Who all are we still expecting? Alder Blackmore and Mr Jack? Oh, and clan Gangrel. "

*Bradford smiles, trying to defuse the situation and let the group get back to the important matters*

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 am

[Jacks scans the street from the mouth of an alley across the street from the gallery. He has watched as the kindred of Dark Ridge made their varied entrances to the meeting. He almost smiled as he watched Whitlock do much the same as what he is doing now. He shook his head at the loud display of Lady Corsetti, but shrugs to himself in a 'What's there to do about it' manner. He was just about to head in when the door burst open and a rather pissed off looking Parker existed the gallery.]

[With a sigh Jack then stealthily makes his way into the gallery, slipping in seemingly unnoticed for now as Bradford makes his speech about his choice of Keepers. At the mention of his name Jack decides to speak up.]

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear Lord Bradford," Jack says with a slight smile on his face. "I saw the Hierophant leave and thought it best that I go ahead and make my appearance in case something has gone amiss. Now I understand, and while I can appreciate your position and what you are trying to do, I doubt many others will ... most esp Mr. Parker. It would be as if I had declared one of my ghouls Seneschal Pro Temp during this trying time. They just don't have the status in our society to garner that kind of respect."

Looking at one of the aforementioned ghouls, "Do the test and be done with it, so I might join the others," Jack says as he submits to the testing. He hisses slightly as the light passes over his eyes. He takes out a cloth to wipe his face as 2 thin light red lines appear like tears from his eyes.

Jack then makes his way around the room greeting everyone in turn as befitting their title and/or station within the city. When he gets to Father Strange he'll ask, "Will the Mother Confessor be bringing our newest members of the city along with her this evening?"
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Wed May 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Almost as though she were arriving in answer to Jack's question, Lillian arrives with the two new Nosferatu in tow.
She gently pushes the door aside and tolerates the eye checking ghouls, her eyes lingering on them a little longer than they are comfortable with.

She smiles and walks to Jack.
"Mr. Jack" she says, and then motions to the two behind her. "I believe you recall our guests from the last time we were here in this gallery. This is Larenzo Toselli and Valentina Fiore, I believe they will be seeking the hospitality of the Praxis, though I do not know if they plan to remain in Dark Ridge long term. They were dispatched to Dark Ridge at my request from the Vatican in order to aid me with covenant matters. I will vouch for them in any manner they require."

Lillian nods to the two Nosferatu and then steps aside and lets Jack do his thing. She greets the other kindred present with only a nod of her head as she scans the room.

She finds a comfortable place to sit, pulls out a book and starts reading.

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Wed May 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Lets his eyes scan from one to another as he gauges old faces and new. He gives each a simple, quiet nod to acknowledge them but otherwise does not go out of his way to be sociable. Instead he merely draws out his leather bound journal and jots down a few notes.

After a moment he does pause in his writing and frowns before glancing among the others," No gangrel whatsoever is troubling." He glances sidelong to Abigail with a raised brow," I do hope that isn't the outcome of your little deal with the Striges."

Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Johnson on Thu May 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Robin strolled through the door with general ease. Her bright colors and clinging bangles announcing her arrival. She stops momentarily allowing the two ghouls to check her eyes. They are clear and she presses past. Her glassy eyes dart around the art gallery looking for Kat. Her features slowly shape into concern, when she realizes that she had not arrived yet. With a disappointed grunt she moves to find a place to wait.

As she waits she pulls out her notebook, and flips it open. She was running behind due to the fact that she was so absorbed in writing her report for Mr. Whitlock. Now was a good time to review the content before dropping it off  by his office.

Meg Johnson
Admin
Admin

http://Opium-Aether.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpioKitty on Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Fashionably late, that seemed to be the Gangrel way. Katlina Voland wasn't quite sure that she was expected at this particular meeting until news from her Little Bird reached her. It had been many years since she had been a part of any group. How she missed the socializing!

Kat passed by Mr. Parker as he stormed out and she watched him for a moment, curiosity gleaming in her blue eyes and an eyebrow raised. Apparently deciding not to bother, she strolled through the doors, blinking as the ghouls approached her. She submitted patiently to their tests and, just like all the others, she was cleared.

Robin appeared distracted and Katlina was quick to approach, smiling warmly at anyone who might happen to glance her way. "Robin, darling," she purred and settled gracefully into the seat next to her sister. She immediately reached for Robin's hand and gave it an affectionate squeeze.

"Have I missed anything terribly important? I am quite sorry for my lateness; I am still familiarizing myself with this lovely city. Do you happen to know what Mr. Parker was in such a huff about? He seemed rather perturbed as he passed by."
ScorpioKitty
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambria on Fri May 15, 2015 9:48 am

Elena looks at the swarm of Kindred gathered and to those that departed.
So quick, these young ones, with blood boiling in their veins so much she could almost taste its metallic flavor..

She blinks and sets her mind back to the problems at hand.

Ah, Abigail, gewd, you no get eaten. And Gangrel here too! Well, except for Mister Taylor, but he bad at social things. I write to him, I not sure he literate, he never respond.
She stares at Robin with eyes that have forgotten the human characteristic of blinking.

You teach him better, da? This one has manners. He need to, if he going to be Voice of Savage.

As for Mister Parker, well, he gets, as we say, hot-headed at times? He be ok. He go to off cool himself.

So, she scans the room. Who here surprised Old Ghosts lie?

I still here. So is Eliza and Abigail. Taylor probably sleep late. Yellow is gone, City still stands, we have not gone exploded yet.
They want my Salvador, for whatever reason. There may or might not be a figure controlling them a "dark mother" or some such nonsense.

They lie, they lie to Bradford, they lie to me.
But, my Elliot is still gone. Old Ghosts say they do not have them, but when is now time to be trusting things that kill us?

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Berger on Fri May 15, 2015 11:51 am

"I'm not surprised they are lying, I'm surprised they haven't caused more trouble though. We saw how agitated that one was on Invictis ground and we know they aren't above playing mind games with us." Slowly he moved to cross his arms and follow it up by drumming his fingers against his arm.

"I think we all know where our priorities lay now that we know we're okay: find the Prince and the Harpy. Don't get bogged down by trying to learn about the Striges or whatever else right now." He stated while first addressing the room, then at the end of his statement he looks to Abigail as if speaking directly to her.

He adjusts his tie and looks to no one in particular as he finishes his statement," At least that is my opinion."

Lee Berger
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: