August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

In rememberance of Aydin Sadik

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In rememberance of Aydin Sadik

Post by RJohnson83 on Thu May 07, 2015 7:00 pm

(OOC two nights prior to this you all received an invitation to join me at the Maison de la Rose for Aydin Sadik's wake.  The invitations were very fancy looking.  I doodled something impressive on them.  Use your imaginations.  If what you are imagining is impressive, then that's totally what I doodled.)  

"Blessed be, fellow Kindred of Dark Ridge."

Nicholas stops speaking for a moment and looks around the room at the other Kindred gathered.  He stands quietly, taking them and the room all in.  He looks down at the leather bound book grasped firmly in his hands for a moment.  He looks back up at the Kindred gather before him and gives a small, sad smile.

"My name is Nicholas Parker.  I am Heirophant of the Circle of the Crone here in Dark Ridge.  I would like to say a few things about my good friend, Aydin Sadik.  I would like to thank you all for coming to help us celebrate Aydin's requiem and share our grief at his passing."

Nicholas pauses again, looking off into the distance wistfully, lost in thought for a moment.  He closes his eyes, smiling.  Chuckling, he says, "You know, the first time I met Aydin, I almost died.  You see, my sire, Natalie, and I...we loved to travel.  We traveled all over the world.  Visited so many beautiful places.  I know it's...unusual for Kindred to do that, but we had so much passion in our blood.  We had to see it all.  To drink it all in.  One of the places we used to love to visit was New York.  New York City to be exact.  One of our trips there turned out to be a little more exciting than we were used to.  Some Kine had decided to fly planes into a couple of buildings.  A terrorist attack, the news called it.  The entire city was locked down for weeks.  No one could get in or out.  Any vehicles leaving the city were searched very thoroughly by armed military and police personnel.  It was a...very dreadful time, to say the least.  A few days after the attack, Natalie and I almost died.  Someone had reported suspicious people entering and leaving a building during the middle of the night.  They would have found us...would have dragged us out into the light if it hadn't been for the Circle...and for Aydin.  I remember being shook from my sleep.  Someone was shouting at me that they were getting reading to kick in the door.  We had to go, but there was nowhere to go to.  Then he was there.  Aydin, with some of the other Acolytes.  They..."  He stops for a moment and slowly lifts up his hand.  He stares at it for a moment, turning it to look at the palm, then at the back of it.  Slowly flexing it.  He gives a wince at some remembered pain from long ago.  His eyes suddenly widen as he looks up at the other Kindred.  He drops his hand back to his side and continues.  "...they got us out of there.  Alive.  If it hadn't been for Aydin and the others, I wouldn't be here."

Nicholas stops again and lowers his head for a moment.  He wipes his hand across one eye, then raises his head again.  There is a small red streak, barely visible, at the corner of one eye.  "That was Aydin to a T.  Always there at the nick of time.  Always knew what to do.  He was the embodiment of the Hero.  He always acted with honor and truth.  He did what he could to protect his family, his community, and his fellow Kindred.  A true follower of Ma'at.  He was sent here to stop the Strix, and he gave his requiem trying to do it.  I know that his soul was weighed and found worthy.  He now sits beside Ma'at in Aaru."

"Please, join me in remembering my friend.  Share some of your own tales of him with us.  I would be honored to hear them.  I don't want us to dwell in remorse.  I want us to share his tales of bravery and heroism.  Maybe we can take away some of his courage, some of his bravery.  Goddess knows we all need it these nights."

Acknowledged in the city of Darkridge

Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.
RJohnson83
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Re: In rememberance of Aydin Sadik

Post by Guest on Sun May 17, 2015 7:18 pm

*Bradford is here, but for the moment is content to listen to others' stories and remember his friend*

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesis55 on Tue May 19, 2015 11:42 am

Taylor is here remembering his first encounter with Ayden and the training he went through with him.

Mikhail Kraus
Renesis55
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum