Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

An Elysium visit

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Elysium visit

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

The night following the gathering, the doors to Elysium crash open and Mitari comes running inside, frantic. She looks around for any kindred who happen to be there.

(ooc: this will be a soft roleplay scene for anyone who wants to get involved.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darkridge.org

Back to top Go down

Re: An Elysium visit

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:52 pm

*Larenzo tilted his head at the word test. In his line of work, that is often accompanied by pliers and bamboo shoots*

"What sort of test?"

Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:03 pm

"As you are unknown to us our most reliable test is insufficient, though you mention another. A traveling companion perhaps? Are they nearby? Can they vouch for the strength of your beast?"

*An idea breaks his line of questioning suddenly.*

"Lord Bradford, Have you seen the Seneschal this eve? His presence would salve several aches all at once i feel."

(OOC: this is swiftly approaching the need for wither mediation or rolling, can we talk our way out of that?)
mitthurin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:09 pm

*Larenzo wrinkled his brow in thought*

"Vouch for the strength of my beast?  I am not sure what it is you are asking exactly.  However, if you are concerned about me being a spy or under some sort of outside influence, how could my companion verify that I am indeed clean of any sort of influence if she, herself, may also have entered the city with the same issues that you are concerned to be affecting me.  If you are worried about the strength of my beast, could she not also lie about this fact?  If I were affected by this, whatever you are worried about, would I be aware of it?  I certainly do not wish to put your city in danger."

(I'm fine with any mediation or whatever if you think powers are going to get used.)

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:25 pm

*A glimmer of a smile contends with a slight frown of suspicion to those trained to see it. The confirmation of the existence of a companion as well as the gender and near simultaneous arrival combat pleasurably the irritation of remembering that the Striges did not necessarily have the same weaknesses.*

"Lies, fortunately are relatively easy to discern compared to our foe."

(OOC: apparently it's gonna happen sooner rather than later)

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:31 pm

"Well, I am unsure of who this foe is you speak of, but if you'd like to subject me to any questioning, I will happily answer any questions that my Order permits me to answer."

(OOC: If you want to use Auspex, I'll just put [lie] by anything I answer untruthfully.)

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 pm

*Bradford nods when introduced by Alder Corsetti, then scrutinizes our new guest from where he was, not trying to appear rude, merely cautious*

(OOC: Using Aura Perception, reading aura when he is not talking, lie detecting when he is. Looking for veins mostly, and lies)

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 pm

"Very well then, thank you for your politeness. Before we proceed, Miss Robin, would you record the color of master Torelli's eyes with your light?"

(OOC: Using Auspex for lies and signs of possession)

*Whitlock's intense gaze falls upon Larenzo like a falcon stooping. His questions arrive promptly after each answer, giving little time to think and less time to dissemble.*

"When did you arrive in dark ridge?"
"What is a bird of Dis?"
"Why did Sorella not accompany you inside?"
"Have you spoken to the Seneschal?"
"What purpose did the Vatican give you here?"

*Conscious of the impoliteness of the interrogation, Whitlock stops and glances questioningly at the gathered others.*

"If anyone else has a question now is the time to ask."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm

*Larenzo is entirely unphased at the rapid questioning. His facial expression stays stone cold during the entirety of the process.*

"I arrived a few hours ago."

"La città ch'ha nome Dite is the city that encompasses the 6th through 9th levels of hell in Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy. Father Dis is the ruler of the Underworld in ancient Roman mythology. As far as a bird of Dis, of this I am unsure."

"Sorella is not her name, it is her sanguine relation to me, but the misunderstanding is understandable of you do not speak Italian. As for why she did no accompany me, she is on her way to St. Catherine's to meet with the Sanctifed there."

"I have no spoken to the Senechal."

"I have not been cleared to provide that information as of yet, however, Miss Blackmoore may be at liberty to inform you, if she wishes to do so."

*He then scans the room and shifts his posture slightly as if to invite any other questions from the crowd.*

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Johnson on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Robin rummages around in a satchel looking for a flashlight. "Where did I put that thing!?" She mumbled under her breathe in frustration. " AH-HA! Found it!" She pulled the light from it hiding place and started to approach Mr. Larenzo. "So, Mr Larenzo, I am Robin Hubble. If you do not mind, I am going to shine this light in you eyes and take look at the color." She felt it prudent to explain what she was about to do. She quickly flashes the light in his eyes trying to get a look at them.

" Mr. Whitlock, have you contacted Jack? He might like to know what is going on with the young Nos and the arrival of.......Mr. Lorenzo?" She bobs her head forward towards the newest arrival.

Meg Johnson
Admin
Admin

http://Opium-Aether.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:23 pm

(OOC: I'll get Jack involved with this sometime tomorrow after I get home from work. I've been following along and it's really great everyone. I've just been waiting for the right moment to come into the scene. If Jack could get a call to help tie him in that would be amazing. Joe, Whitlock could have Jack's contact info and/or the Information could be found at the Elysium to facilitate contact.)
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:12 am

*Reading the silence of his fellow kindred as agreement that the questioning was sufficient and thorough, Whitlock extends his other arm in a welcoming gesture toward Lorenzo, a bemused smile upon his face. It seems that the haunt's candor and willingness have purchased respect this night.*

"In the absence of further questions let it be known that Master Torelli shows no discernable sign of possession by a Strix. In keeping with ceremony I will notify Mr Jack that he is needed here to meet his new clan mate as well as to discuss other matters of this evening."

*He turns slightly to Elena, gently laying his hand atop hers.*

"Lady Corsetti, may I ask you to contact Miss Blackmoore? I feel it wise she be present given our new visitors and the events of this evening. After she and Mr Jack arrive and are brought up to date, I would continue our prior course of action in your company."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:50 am

[Deep within the recesses of the Necropolis, beneath the city of Dark Ridge, Jack can found diligently typing away in his Sepulcher. The only lighting in the room comes from the many and varied sized monitors in the room.]

[The view on the main screen Jack is watching is of mortals somewhere near a series of docks. They appear to be talking adamantly before some brief cases are passed between them.]

"Soon gentlemen I'll have you serving me and the kindred of this city. So play your useless games I'll be seeing you shortly."

[In moments Jacks phone rings.]

"Speak," comes Jack's quick answer, "Oh! Mr. Whitlock what a pleasant surprise. I received your missive on the investigations but I hadn't thought to hear from you so soon ... I'm sorry what was that? New comers from the Vatican? Certainly, but why have you called me? Have they done something? Oh, something else ... I see. No, no I understand better safe than sorry. We can discuss this other matter when I arrive."

(OOC: See you guys this afternoon)
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:45 pm

[The door to the art gallery opens and closes, seemingly on its own. Then, Jack appears slowly like a blurry image coming into focus. As he approaches you can feel an uneasiness wash over you. However, as he looks at each of you in turn you feel almost mortal again, and you feel the panic of time slipping through your fingers ... ]

[Jack looks a little taken aback at the gathered kindred.]

Ladies, gentlemen. I hope the nights find you all well.

[Jack looks to the newcomer.]

"I hope our new visitor hasn't been causing any issue."
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:27 pm

*Larenzo turned his head to get a view of the newest Kindred to arrive in the room.*

"I try to cause as little trouble as possible when I first arrive in a new town, but I suppose your question would be best answered by Mr. Whitlock. I assume, by the way I have been delightfully questioned, that he is the Sheriff, no?"

*Larenzo turns towards Jack fully*

"Ah, a fellow haunt."

*Larenzo puts one hand behind his back and bows*

"I am Larenzo Toselli, Sanctified Noseferatu, recently arrived from the Vatican. Would I be safe to assume you are Jack?"

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:50 pm

"You would, I am and he is," Jack smiles as if he said something clever. He nods respectfully to the new Nos. "Welcome to Dark Ridge Mr. Toselli. Again, as you guessed, I am Jack. Priscus of Clan Nosferatu and Seneschal to his Grace, Adler Duke Elliot Gray."

"However, since it appears you aren't doing anything untoward, I assume something else has happened," Jack turns his gaze upon the newly appointed Sheriff, "Mr. Whitlock, What was the other matter you mentioned?"

(Ooc: good night)
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:45 pm

*Whitlock's demeanor shifts from charmingly open to brusque and distant upon seeing Jack. Jack who had been sheriff. Jack who had known the end of Hays. Jack, who despite never laying a hand wrong, disquieted Whitlock in ways even other haunts did not.*

"Thank you for coming so quickly Jack."

*Disengaging from Elena he pulls out a flashlight and quickly scans Jack's eyes. Satisfied with the results he continues speaking.*

(OOC: I am assuming that no signs are shown since this continues to be soft RP)

"We have had a visit from Miss Mitari who reported the loss of a blood tie to our lately infamous Brother Gordon. We were just about to embark on following a few leads When Master Toselli made himself known. Do you have any ideas as to where his research could have taken him over since the incident at the park?"

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:21 pm

[Jack flinches slightly as Whitlock flashes the light in his eyes. Two thin pinkish lines trail down both sides of his face.]

"I know you are being cautious Sheriff but a word of warning if you please. Just so that I might brace myself. Some of us, esp those who spend so much time beneath the city, are far more sensitive to light than you can imagine."

[Then it hits Jack what the new Sheriff has just said.]

"I'm sorry, but what are you suggesting Mr Whitlock? I wasn't even aware that Mitari was blood bound to the good Brother. Though that might explain a thing or two about their relationship.

[Jack's eyes move back and forth absently as if he's analyzing something ... his own memories perhaps.]

However, I gather you believe Gordon's Requiem has ended? It's entirely possible, esp if Mitari's bond was truly tight. It's not as if we haven't seen similar occurrences in the past.

His research, though, I have no idea. The Nosferatu are vastly different from the other Clans. We do not gather in large numbers often. We seldom gather in groups larger than 2 or 3. Our particular brand of the curse does not engender one to socialize amongst peers. Therefore we often keep to ourselves and come together only when necessary.

[Jack then focuses on Whitlock.]

What leads do you have Mr. Whitlock?"
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:43 pm

*Whitlock nods as Jack speaks of Gordon's requiem, unsurprised at the speed. of the conclusion. A furrow briefly crosses his visage as he considers the lack of new information.*

"Mitari has said that he frequented the library during the course of his research. I had just asked Miss Charleston if she would see if he had left anything behind. I wonder, would Miss Filutk be available to aid her? I doubt his records would contain much electronically, however you never know these days what data is being recorded. Otherwise, Lady Corsetti and I were about to track down some of the good Brother's possessions in order to have a clearer picture. We are not currently ruling anything out and Miss Blackmoore has been recently contacted to see if she could add to our knowledge."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambria on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Elena is to the side, speaking quietly to her ghoul, Tommy, who has a cell phone out. She nods at the whatever he says and walk over to the two city officers, shying away from the Haunts ever so slightly.

Da, Tommy call Alder Blackmoore's thrall, she say Blackmoore hear of coven-mates demise, and has gone out to deal with....feelings. She unavailable at moment. It take time, she not handling news well right now. She have..how you say..much on plate.

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 am

[Jacks nods to the Sheriff.]

"It couldn't hurt to ask. I'll message Filutka (OOC: tomorrow via facebook as it is late and I'm about to crash) and have her meet Miss Charleston at the Library. I doubt the Brother kept anything saved on a computer, but then again people often overlook haunts or underestimate us. Sometimes even within the Clan itself we are guilty of treating others thus. So, as you say, we should leave no stone unturned."

[Jack makes a small bow to the Deava Priscus.]

"I'm glad you were able to contact Miss Blackmoore. I'm sure this brings up uncomfortable memories for her, so I can understand her needing to take a moment. The Sheriff says you and he are to track down some other leads concerning Brother Gordon and his work. I think that's an excellent thought."

[Jack turns his attention back to the newcomer.]

"I believe I should see to Mr. Toselli and ensure that he is tucked away safely and understands the ways of Dark Ridge."
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 am

"Tucked away?" Bradford asks quizzically, "He has passed all tests we have for determining strix, I do not see the need to do anything more than get him a hearing with His Grace so he may seek hospitality or acknowledgement, don't you agree, Mr. Jack?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 am

[Jack smiles rigidly at Toselli.]

"Excuse me a moment Mr. Toselli."

[Jack then turns his attention to Lord Bradford the smile fading ...]

"Why yes Lord Bradford, I do agree. However, since to date, his Grace has only given hospitality or acknowledgement in open court, I think its best to see to our guest's accommodations until that time arrives.

(OOC: I understand this time may be different considering the circumstances but I have to play as if it isn't.)

[Jack's voice becomes increasing sweet sounding as he continues his recitation.]

Once I have seen that our guest has been 'tucked away' at Medici Manor, and has been shown the Necropolis's Caldarium, then I can inform his Grace of the new arrival. I can then inform him of the potential loss of yet another member of our city, and the ensuing investigations.

[Now Jack's voice will slowly become deeper as he speaks and his eye harden as he maintains a rigid focus on Bradford.]

Now, will that be all Lord Bradford, or do you need further explanation of how I see to the affairs of Dark Ridge?"

(OOC: Sorry, I know I'm sounding harsh but "Jack" is getting really tired of being questioned at every turn so I have to play to the character.)
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:15 am

*Calmly, composed, Bradford replies*

"Oh but of course, Mr. Jack. I guess i was confused by the negative connotation inherit in your choice of words. In these times, I would have thought His Grace would like an up to the minute knowledge of who is within his city, but I'm sure you have that covered. "

*Bradford turns to address the newcomer* "Mr. Toselli, I am sure Mr. Jack will show you the utmost respect. As a member of the First Estate, let me offer whatever help I may to ensure an enjoyable stay in Dark Ridge. It is always nice to meet allies within the Second Estate, especially from the Vatican. We have had one other visitor from there in recent time, about a year ago, (blah, Scott Richardson's gangrel). Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:45 pm

*Larenzo turned to face Elena*

"Brother Gordon has met his end? This is sad news indeed.  Does anyone know a way I may find Miss Blackmoore?  Perhaps another Sanctified may help support her through this... ah... difficult time."

*Larenzo turns toward Jack and Whitlock*

"So an investigation is already underway to find the cause for his demise?  I would like to volunteer to aid in this endeavor.  As a Nosferatu of the Santificata, perhaps I can be of... ah... value to the investigation.

"And Jack, thank you very much for the giving of the hospitality.  I welcome seeing Dark Ridge's Caldarium.  I am unsure how long I will be in this town, but it is likely to be long enough to need to set up my own personal rifugio... that is assuming The Prince gives to me the acknowledgement that I am required to do so."

*At the mention of Bobby Martin by Bradford,  Larenzo's facial expression, for the first time since arriving, changed to something than stone cold composure.  The edges of his mouth curled up slightly, almost into a smile*

"Ah, Brother Bobby Martin.  He doesn't travel often, so it is excellent to hear that others have met him.  He is a fine example of what it means to be God's Chosen among the Damned.  Did you perhaps get a chance to hear one of his sermons?  They are quite ingrandire!"

*The smile left his face*

"Oh, that is right, Cardinal Alexandre Hayes met his Final Death while on the seat of Praxis of this town, shortly after Brother Martin blessed his reign.  I did not know him personally, but anyone that is granted the title Vindicator of the Lance by Exarch Andrews must have surely been a great man.  I am a so sorry for your loss.  I do hope to pass on the same... ah.. sentiment, to the Madre Depositaria.  The sire/childre bond shared between them was known even to us in Italy.  I'm sure she took it quite hard.  I suppose I am gathering a lengthy list of things to speak to Miss Blackmoore about."

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:18 pm

The door to the Art Gallery slams opened and Lillian storms in. Her hair is in tangles, her clothes are dirty and torn and her face is covered in what looks like dried blood. The wounds she had from the park are healed, save one large gash across her right arm that is only visible because the fabric covering it is now torn and pulled back from it. Her skin is paler than normal and stretched thin.

She silently walks to Mr. Whitlock and stops, standing in front of him. She does not look towards any other kindred gathered. Her eyes are red and her jaw is clenched tightly. Her words escape her lips in a forced whisper. Everything about her from her posture to her appearance indicates that she is on the verge of a frenzy and is doing well to hold it in.

"Mr. Whitlock. I assume you have things in hand with the investigation of Brother Gordon's death. I expect to be included in this investigation and kept informed of any findings."

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:31 pm

*Larenzo walked slowly up to Lillian. He waited until she was done addressing Whitlock as to not disturb her. Once she is done he addresses her with a bow*

"Madre Depositaria... er, ah, Mother Confessor. Valentina and I have arrived, per your request. We are at your disposal."

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Lilllian does not tear her gaze away from Mr. Whitlock and simply holds up her hand to Larenzo.

"Give me a moment, Senior." She eeks out through gritted teeth.

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 pm

*Amidst the whirlwind of emotions, insults, information, and questions Whitlock stands as Gibraltar, resolute and stable. For the second time this evening he reaches out toward a woman, though this time the intent is clearly for sympathy and comfort. Lillian's barely contained beast seems to have little effect as he calmly begins addressing only her.*

"My dear thank you for coming so swiftly, would that it were in my power to spare you this loss. However, we have promising leads that I had asked for aid in resolving. Miss Mitari gave us a few locations to investigate, including the library where the good Brother did most of his research. Do you recall the book he spoke of after the park? It seems he continued searching for it, which belies it's importance. Would you be able to shed more light into what he was researching? Better yet have you seen him in the past weeks since the incident at the park or have an item that he had possessed during that time?"

*As he calmly speaks he takes stock of her state. The strength of her beast, the way the lights catch in her eyes, the signs of possession which would signify the presence of the enemy.*

"I do not wish to bear false hope Miss Lillian, but I would be remiss if I did not point out that the only known fact is that a blood bond was broken. You and I both know that such a thing usually signifies only one outcome, however, in these strange nights we may yet find new possibilities. Have heart! If you desire to aid us you may either accompany Miss Charleston to the library, or indeed join with myself and the dear Lady Corsetti in investigating other sites. For now though I think Master Lorenzo wishes to be of service to you."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Lillian seems to calm at his words, but the tension still clung to her frame causing her to stand rigid and her word to sound short and curt.
She offers a small nod of her head to Mr. Whitlock.

"Thank you, Mr. Whitlock. I will assist you in any manner you deem necessary. Should you require access to St. Catherine's, I will accompany you there."

She turns slowly to Larenzo, and stares at him for a few moments. She looks him over from head to toe and then begins walking circles around him while she speaks.

"At my request?" She stares at him again for a few moments before the realization flashes across her face.
"Ah, yes. The Vatican sent you. You have arrived much sooner than I had anticipated. We can discuss covenant matters another time if you don't mind. I am sure that Mr. Whitlock would be grateful for any assistance you and Valentina are able to offer the city in locating the murderer of Brother Gordon."

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 pm

*Larenzo nods to Lillian and turns to Whitlock*

"He was of my clan and covenant. My services are at your disposal."

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:35 pm

(Jack tilts his head to the side watching the drama unfold before.)

"As innocent as your offer may be, Mr Toselli, I must remind you, and it seems everyone else here, that you are an unknown, unacknowledged kindred in a city assailed on multiple sides by many enemies. Some that can't be recognized by flashing a light in their eyes."

"I must insist that you and your companion, if she is also of the clan, accompany me to Medici manor until you can be recognized and acknowledged by his Grace."
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 pm

"As I said earlier, we accept your hospitality, and will follow all required protocols. Am I required to vacate these premises?"

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Lillian scoffs at Jack.

"Are we in the habit of locking away visitors until His Grace decides to move about? Contact the prince if you wish so that they may gain an audience, but I do not see the point in shuffling them off to non-secure locations to await his eventual word. They are on Elysium, They have spoken with the Master of Elysium, The Sheriff and now the Seneschal. A valued member of his grace's court requested their presence in the city. They have offered to assist in the events surrounding the death of an acknowledged member of the domain."

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:58 pm

*At those words, Enzo shifted his weight to a more defensive posture.*

"Signore Jack, is it your intention to lock us away?"

*He looks back to Lillian*

"Is this not normal proceedure for Dark Ridge Madre Depositaria?"

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahlia on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 pm

A muscular woman wearing a poet's shirt and supple leather trousers enters the gallery, a slightly befuddled expression across her features. She shakes her head and ruffles her short-cropped dark hair as she begins to speak, "Fratello, I seem to have gotten myself turned around..." Her voice trails off as she notices the gathering of kindred assembled. "Oh, pardon! I no mean to interrupt. I am Valentina Fiore, sent from Vatican with mi fratello."

As she approaches, an elaborately peace-bonded bastard sword and a kite shield bearing the emblem of the Lancea Sanctum seem to materialize as she lifts the hanger from her shoulders to set both objects down behind her. Those nearby feel as if a line of ice water is trickling slowly down their spines.

*Disclaimer: The contents of this message are fictitious and represent actions and communication within a fantasy setting. No harm to real persons, places, or things is intended.*

Ahlia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:17 pm

*For those paying close attention to Bradford in the corner, he has the slightest twinge of a smile when Lillian basically echoed his sentiments, despite her not having been there to hear them.*

"If Alder Blackmore is vouching not only for their being here, but confirming Mr. Toselli is here upon her own request, I am certain he and his companion can assist in the investigation, especially if another of the city accompanied, don't you agree, Mr. Jack?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:32 pm

*For the first time of the night, Larenzo's face turns to a smile*

"Sorella , siete nel posto giusto , apparentemente . La Madre Depositaria che ha inviato per noi è qui , così come il leader del nostro clan in questa città . Anche se , essere avvertito , si rischia di avere una luce brillante brillato nei tuoi occhi, come una sorta di test."

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahlia on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Valentina turns and bows slightly to Lillian and Jack as her companion gestures to each of them, then tilts her head at the mention of a test. "If the Mother Confessor and Signore Priscus so desire, I will of course submit to this... test. Who is it will be shining lights at me, then?"

*Disclaimer: The contents of this message are fictitious and represent actions and communication within a fantasy setting. No harm to real persons, places, or things is intended.*

Ahlia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:59 pm

*Vexed at the paranoia brought on by the enemy, Whitlock begins to speak as Valentina walks in. With a wondering look at the swordswoman, he glares accusingly at the door, as though the portal was at fault for once again hindering his work. Not fully catching the words spoken in fluent Italian, he belatedly catches Valentina's meaning as she looks about expectantly.*

"Miss Valentina, normally as Sheriff the duty would fall to me, but I wonder if, since she is here, and also called for your presence, Miss Blackmoore might prefer to do the honors of the light test?"

*The cold and calculating light returns to his eyes as he looks for the signs of the enemy once more this evening.*

"Once the test is concluded I propose a solution to the question of hospitality for our visitors. Jack, His Grace want to know, with a surety, the fate of Brother Gordon. What with that news, and also our illustrious visitors, perhaps he will bend his normal routine of only granting hospitality at formal gatherings in this case. Especially since they are expected by Miss Blackmoore and have made such haste to be present. I said earlier to Master Toselli that the peril of the city demands much of our court these nights. However, it may be that we begin to infringe upon the rights of our fellow kindred when we let suspicion and fear hold potential allies at bay. These two have, if not in the usual means, certainly made contact with the usual members of court that I myself made effort to meet upon my return to Dark Ridge some months ago. Though the danger be increased I posit that should they be accompanied by one such as either yourself representing clan, or Miss Blackmoore, representing covenant, they will be a sight more welcome in His Grace's eyes than the last several interlopers who actually made it to court."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza Dalca on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:13 am

"Oh dear, more visitors already?"

With a sigh, Eliza made her way inside the Gallary, back straightened and shoulders even. A smile curled her lips as she drew closer, eventually pausing once she felt the distance was comfortable for herself. She didn't speak loudly, not desiring to intercept on Whitlock, and also not desiring to bring all the attention onto herself.

It was enough to simply be apart of the group, though she had a feeling this would be the closing of this conversation- who knew for sure though?

Valued in the First Estate
Player's Name: Alex/Allie
Eliza Dalca
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:14 am

[The tension in Jack radiates off him and his fingers curl and uncurl slightly as if he's trying to not ball them up. Though tightened lips he begins to speak ...]

"Mother Con ... you know what no!" [Jack throws up his arms]

"I am so done catering to titles Lillian. If you don't like the way the Prince runs this city, that's fine. There are two options ... Change things or there's an road that leads right out of the city. Neither of which applies to this moment in which I, the Seneschal, have said how we are going to proceed with matters. There is not a one of you in this room that has a higher authority.

Now considering how the Prince dealt with our last newcomers to the city, I am going to ensure that our new guests are treated with hospitality while I deal with matter appropriately. If you don't like it, again there's are roads to be walked. I am trying to ensure that these individuals can help in the days to come, because this may surprise you but I want Gordon's murder solved. He was of my Clan, he was the first friendly face to greet me when I arrived in this city a year ago. The man did nothing save read his books. He did not deserve to die just because he might have stumbled on the "wrong" information. When his murderer is found I will do all in my power to see that individual suffers greatly for the loss to my Clan and for the loss to this city.

[Jack attempts to compose himself as he feels his beast rise to new heights.]

Now, we can stand here and argue protocol till the sun rises and takes us all or we can get busy.

[Jack turns to Whitlock.]

You have a job to do Sheriff, I suggest you get to it.

[Jack turns to the newcomers.]

Mr Toselli, Miss Fiore. Please, accompany me to Medici Manor where you may rest from your travels in the Necropolis's Caldarium. I will see to you acceptance by the Prince, and then if it is your wish to stay and help with the investigation into the murder of one of our clan, I'll see to it personally."

[Jack turn towards the door and stops short ...]

"Miss Dalca, my apologizes I did not see you come in. If you'll forgive me I have matters of the city to attend to. May the nights find you well."

[Jack continues towards the door, obviously expecting to be followed.]
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:43 am

"That is quite enough,  Mr. Jack. You may be the Seneschal to His Grace, but you are certainly not him yourself, and you would do well to remember that. This is an Elysium; while we are here, and especially in matters of the safety of Kindred under this roof, I AM of higher authority than you,  and I order you to STAND DOWN. While I believe the circumstance allow for our guests to help while you inform His Grace of their arrival,  if you do not see it that way, fine, but you will not take them off an Elysium to a private location unless I hear from His Grace myself. To take them against their will from here would be a crime against Elysium and thus a sin against this city. "

"Mr. Toselli, Ms. Fiore, please... I am deeply embarrassed by the welcome, or lack there of, you have received so far. If you do not wish to go with Mr. Jack to a private location, I suggest you stay here,  in an Elysium, at least until we can inform His Grace of your arrival.  This should ensure your safety. If you wish to go with Alder Blackmore or Sheriff Whitlock,  I will not stop you,  however,  if Mr. Jack's words are indeed the will of His Grace, it may prove dangerous to leave this place. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 am

Lillian's eyes burn with fury, it is obvious that it is all she can do to hold the leash on her beast.

"You may be the Seneschal, Mr. Jack, but I AM a VALUED ELDER of this city, a member of his grace's Primogen council and the highest ranking member of the Lancea Sanctum in this city. I WILL NOT TOLERATE being spoken to in such a manner by ANYONE in this city. You have offended and insulted me. JACK. Your position may afford you some authority in matters of the court, but your temper affords you no quarter. Respect is earned, Mr. Jack, not blindly given because you have entitlement issues. I demand recompense for the slight. Perhaps in the future, it may behoove you to ASK someone of they will go with you instead of insisting and throwing around your title while insulting others by refusing to use theirs."

((Sorry for sending from wrong account, sent from my phone, didn't realize. Also... Can we all breathe and remind each other that we are all friends OOC, that this drama is only because we are telling a story and we're not upset with the players.))

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

Okay guys, I'm going to shut the thread down for a 24 hour cool off. I'll unlock the thread tomorrow when everyone has a chance to remember that we are friends and we're not actually attacking each other.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 am

Ok guys, thread is unlocked.

Continue RPing...just please remember that this is all IC and not in any way intended to be personal attacks against the players. Smile Thanks.

Have fun.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 am

*Enzo watches the exchange, his posture and face betraying nothing of his opinions on the matter.*

"Signore Jack.  As la Madre Depositaria es here, I believe that mia sorella and myself will stay with her, until such a time as the Prince is available for us to formally announce ourselves to."

*Enzo turned to Richard Bradford and bowed*

"Grazie for the offered hospitality, but a location provided by mia Santificato brothers and sisters would be the best place for us."

*Enzo turned to the Mother Confessor*

"La Madre Depositaria, as before and until no longer required, mia sorella and myself are at your disposal. The... ah.. situation es far more grave than we initially believed. We will escort you back to the chiesa at your leisure."

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:42 am

[Jack stops with his hand on the door to the Gallery. He doesn't turn back, but instead chuckles ruefully before speaking.]

"There far more things wrong with your words than right Bradford, but that will be a discussion for another day.

Miss Blackmoore, I believe if you look back on our history, you will find that I have never shown you one ounce of disrespect until this day, when you questioned the authority of this city's Praxis. Make whatever demands you wish but if you were being rational, not emotional, you would see that the only individual that has any reason to feel slighted is myself.

My authority as a Priscus and as a Seneschal has been called into question before members of my Clan. My Clan mates have just been told that it would be dangerous to go with their own Priscus to the safest Haven offered to a Nosferatu, the Caldarium. Since none of you were probably paying attention, the Caldarium is an Elysium respected by all Nosferatu. To enact violence there is to earn the animosity of all Nosferatu no matter where you go.

Mr. Toselli, Miss Fiore. It is regrettable, that you find yourself in our city in such a tremulous time. I cannot fault you for your choice, not with the way my fellows have reacted to my simple act of an offer of hospitality. However, my word still satnds. Until you are given permission to act within this city, by it's Prince, you are not to participate in the investigation. I had attempted to give you a place to rest while the others proceeded with the investigation.

Mr. Whitlock, despite your opinion or that anyone else in this room, you will see to it that these two are safely out of the way of this investigation. That is, of course, until you hear from the Prince or myself.

Good night to you all."

[Jack opens the door, no longer caring one way or another what anyone in that room does. As the door closes you can see the last bits of him fading from view.]

(OOC: That's the best everyone is going to get from Jack. I can't even begin to see the fallout from this lol. BTW this isn't an attempt to debo Justin/Ahlia from the investigations. Had things not gotten so out of hand Jack would already be securing the permissions from the Prince. Telling Jack what he should do will never get a good response. Just saying.)
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:03 am

(Ooc: you really should delete your ooc explaination because it comes really close to OOC bullying as I understand the term. You are effectively saying you would have been fine with them investigating, but because your character was insulted, you will now punish them/us/whatever, etc. This is information that should stay IC, not OOC, as going into OOC is where things get dicey, insulting, and offensive)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 am

(OOC: that's not what that says at all. I'm saying had it not gone on forever with the insult trading Jack would have long ago been securing the permissions as best he could considering who the Prince is. No I wouldn't have been ok with them investigating at any point in time until they received permission because an unacknowledged kindred cannot participate in investigations not can they just wander around the city. It was a comment on how things got out of hand which says a lot about whats going on underneath it all. It was an "interesting" experience that has Jack thinking real hard about his future in this city.)
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:22 am

((Please keep IC threads IC, and keep OOC Character motivations out of public discussions unless you are okay with people acting on those motivations ICly. Please move all OOC talk to the OOC discussion forums so as not to derail this thread any further than it already is. Thank you.))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza Dalca on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 am

"Alright, I think it's about time we take a break from arguing like parents over the custody of their children and realize that we're all grown here. We will not be throwing insults and compensation around blindly. Lord Bradford, being the Master of Elysium does not make you the highest ranking member in this room and I don't care if you think so, luckily I refreshed myself on the job of a Master and it seems it will actually come in handy. Your job is to ensure the safety of Elysium, yourself and Mr. Whitlock are to ask any who are causing discomfort by growing angry- irrationally, or rationally- to exit Elysium grounds until they have calmed and the situation has passed." A flicker of a glance to Mr. Jack as he left before she continued, grasping her hands behind her back. "You are not, however, allowed to throw that title around as if you are standing on a box that makes you just slightly higher than the rest of us, once your head has cooled perhaps you can remember what your job actually entails."

Now turning her gaze to Lillian, a smile curled her lips, the Romanian purr putting on an amused tone. "Miss Blackmoore, I do hope you're doing well since we freed you from that..party, if you will, I don't know if you recall me but I was the one attempting to free you from your binds when Mr. Whitlock was forced to stop me multiple times- but I digress." A pause and she stepped forward once, studying the woman before her as her smile fell into a deep frown. "Tell me, madam, is it currently correct for every Elder within the city to act as if they are the sires of the younger generations? Because the last I checked, that was far from the truth and respect was suppose to be given to everyone in equal doses, from what I gather you were attempting to tell Mr. Jack how to do his job. Inform me, but have you ever held that position? If not, then I don't see how you're qualified to do such a thing in the first place, ignoring the factor of your age. It seems as if you were being rude first, Hell; all of you were technically being rude to our new guests. Is this what we've come to, Kindred on the edge of frenzying, at the throats of those we should be helping, bound to make every single person who dares to walk into this city uncomfortable and unwanted?!"

A snap at the end of her words, disgust obvious, she glared at everyone this time. "I believe- " A pause to calm herself, a smile forcing it's way back to her lips. "That it is up to those who entered the city to choose the path they desire, if you have issues with it you can take it up with the Prince, as their choices will undoubtedly be reflected onto him in the end will it not?" Feeling a bite of pain from her grasping her hands too tightly, she loosened the hold. "Now if all of you are about done, it seems our Italian friends have decided and I no longer have any further interest in being with your presence. I am extremely disappointed, to say to the very least. Good night."

Smiling still, a flicker of calming wrath was made evident before she turned and walked away, door shutting behind her as well.

( I'm out, unless someone chases her. )
Eliza Dalca
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: