Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

An Elysium visit

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Elysium visit

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

The night following the gathering, the doors to Elysium crash open and Mitari comes running inside, frantic. She looks around for any kindred who happen to be there.

(ooc: this will be a soft roleplay scene for anyone who wants to get involved.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darkridge.org

Back to top Go down

Re: An Elysium visit

Post by Eliza Dalca on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 am

"Alright, I think it's about time we take a break from arguing like parents over the custody of their children and realize that we're all grown here. We will not be throwing insults and compensation around blindly. Lord Bradford, being the Master of Elysium does not make you the highest ranking member in this room and I don't care if you think so, luckily I refreshed myself on the job of a Master and it seems it will actually come in handy. Your job is to ensure the safety of Elysium, yourself and Mr. Whitlock are to ask any who are causing discomfort by growing angry- irrationally, or rationally- to exit Elysium grounds until they have calmed and the situation has passed." A flicker of a glance to Mr. Jack as he left before she continued, grasping her hands behind her back. "You are not, however, allowed to throw that title around as if you are standing on a box that makes you just slightly higher than the rest of us, once your head has cooled perhaps you can remember what your job actually entails."

Now turning her gaze to Lillian, a smile curled her lips, the Romanian purr putting on an amused tone. "Miss Blackmoore, I do hope you're doing well since we freed you from that..party, if you will, I don't know if you recall me but I was the one attempting to free you from your binds when Mr. Whitlock was forced to stop me multiple times- but I digress." A pause and she stepped forward once, studying the woman before her as her smile fell into a deep frown. "Tell me, madam, is it currently correct for every Elder within the city to act as if they are the sires of the younger generations? Because the last I checked, that was far from the truth and respect was suppose to be given to everyone in equal doses, from what I gather you were attempting to tell Mr. Jack how to do his job. Inform me, but have you ever held that position? If not, then I don't see how you're qualified to do such a thing in the first place, ignoring the factor of your age. It seems as if you were being rude first, Hell; all of you were technically being rude to our new guests. Is this what we've come to, Kindred on the edge of frenzying, at the throats of those we should be helping, bound to make every single person who dares to walk into this city uncomfortable and unwanted?!"

A snap at the end of her words, disgust obvious, she glared at everyone this time. "I believe- " A pause to calm herself, a smile forcing it's way back to her lips. "That it is up to those who entered the city to choose the path they desire, if you have issues with it you can take it up with the Prince, as their choices will undoubtedly be reflected onto him in the end will it not?" Feeling a bite of pain from her grasping her hands too tightly, she loosened the hold. "Now if all of you are about done, it seems our Italian friends have decided and I no longer have any further interest in being with your presence. I am extremely disappointed, to say to the very least. Good night."

Smiling still, a flicker of calming wrath was made evident before she turned and walked away, door shutting behind her as well.

( I'm out, unless someone chases her. )

Eliza Dalca
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Lillian visibly tries to compose herself but is doing a piss poor job of it. Her teeth grind and a low guttural growl can be heard for those listening close enough to detect it.
She reaches out and grabs the back of Eliza's jacket as she attempts to leave, turning the young kindred to face her and pulling her towards her, with a growl. Her face inches from the young woman's. From this vantage point, Eliza can see that Lillian's eyes are eeking blood and her beast is nearly overwhleming.

"Miss Dalca, perhaps you've left your manners in your other pants. I don't give a rat's ass who you think you are, you hold no position in this city that is of great enough standing to speak to me in such a tone. You do not disrespect the station of your elders regardless of what you may think of them. Does the Prince's given standing of a kindred in this city mean not a damned thing to you people? This is not a matter you have an authority to speak on, Ms. Dalca, you would do well to remember your place."

She releases the young kindred's lapels with a little push to get her away from her. She turns to address the remaining kindred.

"This whole Longinus-damned city has lost it's marbles! The Strix has caused everyone to start acting out of fear, panic and distrust. Are you really going to stand by and LET them win like this? They took Aydin's life, they are likely responsible for the death of Brother Gordon, Several of our strongest fighters against them have left the city and we have devolved into name calling, insults and arrogance!! Damned Neonates are thinking that they have the authority to call out Elders...Thinking they have the authority to tell the Master of Elysium how to do his job, to tell the Seneschal that his authority means nothing...this has gotten far too out of hand, and I will not stand it a minute longer. You can find me when you've all regained your goddamned senses."

She shakes her head and storms out the door.

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:26 pm

*Enzo silently turns and bows to each of the Kindred in the room in turn. He then looks over to Valentina."

"Sorella, forse dovremmo seguire la Madre Depositaria . Il nostro dovere giace con lei , e questa posizione è piena di parenti irrazionali."

*Enzo walks towards the door, glancing back to ensure that Valentina is following. As he reaches the door, without looking back he says.*

"Grazie for the hospitality."

*His thick Italian accent makes it difficult to detect either sincerity or sarcasm.*

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahlia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:53 pm

"Of course, Fratello. I am with you, as always." Valentina turns and bows to the others in the room with a murmered, "[i]Grazie[I]," hefts her gear back into place, and follows Enzo and Lillian from the building.

*Disclaimer: The contents of this message are fictitious and represent actions and communication within a fantasy setting. No harm to real persons, places, or things is intended.*

Ahlia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:08 pm

*Jack's parting shots appear to finally crack Whitlock's composed demeanor, his back straightening and his mouth forming a snarl. Dalca's following diatribe, however, completely blindsides him. Without doubt he had not expected her presence not to mention her fiery rebuke. Troubled deeply by the series of tantrum-like exits he does not register that Lillian has stormed out until Lorenzo and Valentina have gracefully exited. Within moments he has composed himself but a smoldering rage gives his face an evil grin. So visaged, he addresses Miss Charleston.*

"Madame Harpy, the office of Sheriff is issuing a formal complaint against the person of the Seneschal. I will not stand for the Seneschal dictating the terms of an open investigation, especially a Seneschal who has formerly held said office. In his term as Sheriff Jack was not dictated to by either the Seneschal at the time, nor His Grace Duke Elliot Grey who famously held the position of Sheriff of London for some time. Indeed neither was the Sadik's autonomous authority to uphold the laws of the Praxis so curtailed by this same said Seneschal. In my time as a deputy I saw multiple occasions where supervised unrecognized visitors to our city were not simply welcome in an investigation, but also critical to the positive outcome. It is my desire to continue this policy in the best interest of the city, which I hold is the nature of Jack's misgivings. He raises fine points in that I do have work to do, but it is not his place to remind me, and I do not appreciate being given orders concerning it by any but rarely His Grace. I will brook no obstacles be they from without, nor most ESPECIALLY from within and will conduct my job and this city's investigations as I see fit until my Requiem ends or His Grace Release me."

*Clearly anxious to actually investigate something he continues addressing the kindred remaining from this night's debacle.*

"Lord Bradford, I will need to speak with you soon concerning plans for our continued protection. Is it possible that we may arrange some time else to speak?"

(OOC: pm's will work but I was thinking that those should be supplemented with the other elysium thread with Q that has no clear timeframe or real clear location)

"Miss Hubbel, I may have need of Mr. Parker, would you happen to know where he may be found later?"

(OOC: I'm not sure Eliza Dalca is still here so I will not address her.)

*As he turns to Elena his expression softens, though the smoldering rage does not extinguish.*

"Lady Corsetti, I do believe that you had the most promising lead this evening. Would you please accompany me to the location you spoke of earlier? Perhaps we may yet put some of this bedlam to rest."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:58 pm

*Bradford turns to Sheriff Whitlock and Alder Corsetti*

"Of course,  Sheriff Whitlock. It seems as though some actual work can now begin.  We do have much to discuss,  but you are on your way to follow a lead, so we can table this until such a time that you find respite. It seems i may need to reconsider my candidates for Keepers of Elysium; one i thought would do perfectly has proven to be rash, insulting and misinformed. I will be going now to see to the other Elysiums,  and then will likely retire to my haven for some much needed solitude, however, should anything come up,  you know how to reach me. I wish you good luck in finding new leads in this tragic case;  two Kindred deaths in as many nights does not bode well. Please let me know if I can be of any service to you. "

*Bradford turns to Victoria and politely bows*

"Madam Harpy, it is good to see you this evening,  as unfortunate as the subsequent events that transpired were.  Had you arrived for any particular reason, or just taking a stroll through town? I should be going,  but if you have any need of me,  feel free to contact me at any time."

*Turning to Ms Hubble, he smiles.*

"Ms. Hubble,  I had actually wanted to speak with you. Would you like to accompany me as I make my way to the Opera House,  or should I contact you another time? "

*Either way,  he would say good bye to everyone,  including Robin if she isn't coming with, and head out towards the Opera house. *

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilla Tan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Victoria, who has remained unusually silent throughout the fiasco of entrance and storming out of kindred, was busy scribbling away in her notebook. At the first suggestion towards her duties as Royal Harpy, her pen stopped, her brows rose and she watched the unfortunate leftovers of spitefulness. From the elderly to the young, the combination certainly had a way of creating more dramatic arguments than a Harpy could ever hope to accomplish.

“Mr. Whitlock, while Mr. Jack is not in the position to dictate the natures of your investigations, in the absence of The Prince, he is very well exerting his powers as Seneschal over unacknowledged kindred in this city. Since those two have left so freely in everyone’s presence without so much as being at least offered temporary hospitality, I would say we have proven quite inept at our tasks to provide security...” she gave the Sheriff a pointed look before directing her brown eyes at the direction where Jack had taken off in a huff “... and courtesy to this city.”

“It is quite sad how weak Kindred society could be when you think about it.” Her fingers twirled the thick locks of pink hair as she mused, “Greece and New Orleans fell from an abundance of mistrust. Kindred took sides and then….all there is left is one.” Her thoughts are with Mitari, who has all but been forgotten from the series of outbursts.

“Of course, if it truly pleases everyone, I can always ask His Grace to make a presence right here, right now. Keep in mind though, he has entrusted all of you to be able to operate within your station and to inconvenience him when the Seneschal holds similar power in his absence is something to be paid for.” Her expression turned into one of coldness, “And in case we are arguing about semantics here, Seneschal IS in his right to accept or deny the presence of the new kindred in His Grace’s stead, even within Elysium, that power does not get transferred when the higher is the Seneschal.”

“However, should the new kindred not be in the mood to follow protocol, they are free to leave but it is not yours, Lord Bradford’s and even less so for Miss Blackmoore to make them stay. In the absence of His Grace and the presence of the Seneschal, they are given ample direction to remain in the areas that he dictates. If they do not feel at ease with the accommodations, they can choose to leave or seek for the presence of His Grace with the help of one of you.”

“Instead, for two new kindred who were invited without so much as informing anyone in court, is ushered out by a member of the city who does not hold the powers to dictate their stay in defiance of the only person here who can decide if they are allowed hospitality.” Slowly, Victoria sauntered towards Thomas Whitlock, her eyes locked firmly against his, as if daring him to act impulsively. Her voice lowered in a whisper, “So tell me, between the Sheriff and Seneschal, who am I to side when none were willing to allow the other exact their duties?”

“That being said, I would be happy to help you with the research that Brother Gordon was partaking, but if the library is located in the Lancea Sanctum area, I would request that you obtain that permission in my stead lest I find her unexpected outbursts tiresome.”

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:53 am

*Whitlock bridles at Victoria's patronizing tone. His calm damaged, he returns her penetrating gaze. He begins by responding in the same soft whisper Victoria is using*

"Miss Charleston, I wouldn't dream of asking you to take sides in this matter. Rather I would merely ask you to consider the will of His Grace and how best to represent it."

*Speaking stronger now such that all could hear he continues.*

"While the office of Seneschal does hold the power of His Grace while he is not present, we must remember that that self same power is held in stewardship, not as sovereign. Meaning simply that a given Seneschal must abide by the precedent the Prince has set in order to govern any decision he makes. While Jack was correct in offering sanctuary to our visitors, and Miss Blackmoore less so in her emotional outburst, his refusal to acknowledge them within the city flies in the face of decisions His Grace has previously rendered every time a new kindred has joined the city, be the results good or ill. More so his ultimatum that they would not be allowed to participate in investigations, which, while the Prince may dictate how the Sheriff conducts his business he has rarely chosen to do so. His Grace, Duke Grey has shown wisdom through three successive Sheriffs in this matter. All I ask is that one who has previously been shown that respect, return it in kind as he enforces the powers entrusted with him."

*Whitlock begins a slow circumnavigation of the room such that everyone present feel included in his audience.*

As far as security is concerned, I offered Jack a solution which he promptly ignored which was followed by paranoid tantrums from multiple parties. Had everyone not been in such haste to leave we might yet have succeeded in protecting both freedoms and security of which I feel the former is my primary charter. His Grace has issued us a bill of rights for this city and that is my guiding light rather than mere paranoid reactionary security tactics."

*Stopping once more in front of Victoria, his calm demeanor restored once more by the logical debate amongst equals, he smiles kindly as though to a friend who has inadverdently been placed in a terrible position.*

"I have only desired tonight to protect this city as His Grace would see fit. If I am in error I accept such judgement when the time comes. For now, as I have already alerted Miss Blackmoore about your mission to the library, and as she seemed amenable at the time, I believe that the Lancea Sanctum's permission is implicitly granted. This follows with His Grace's decree that no clan or covenant may stand in the way of formal investigations conducted with the authority of the office of the Sheriff. In this matter I extend that authority, granted by His Grace, to you such that you may follow every lead you find to termination. If any question your activities please refer them to me, you have my full support in this."

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilla Tan on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Whitlock’s response made her lips curl in amusement. “The will of His Grace? Now that’s different.”  Though considering if Aydin Sadik has appointed him as Sheriff, Victoria wondered if it was because of the oddity of traditional chivalry that shared their interest.  

“A Seneschal has no authority to give acknowledgements in this city. He does, however, have the ability to provide hospitality, which I suspect, was the attempt before all sense of civility was lost from unnecessary emotional outbursts.” One can even argue the previous circus was laughable considering the combined status and age of the participants. “Our court positions are entrusted to us by The Prince – some with pre-set terms that were made clear to us when we took to our duties. Seeing that His Grace does not have a tendency to micro-manage, we are given the ability to fulfil our duties in the manner that best suits us. It appears, even that might be unsatisfactory to some.”

“I do not question that you are only following your duties as Sheriff for the good of the city as I do not believe Mr. Jack is in the wrong for attempting to gather acknowledgment for the new kindred before investigations begin. I see a conflict of interest that sparked a desire in those who walked out, to simply lash out in defiance while using titles, status and age as a shield.” The unnatural pull of the Succubus did not escape her, but Victoria held her own, with a natural presence that needed no further padding. “In order to accomplish both your goals, you only need to agree as Seneschal and Sheriff, on the alternatives that can be in play. Mr. Jack can very well be asked, not demanded, to leave the kindred in your care and strictly in Elysium, until The Prince arrive to do the blessings of Acknowledgement and everyone can be on their merry way and get what they want.”

Victoria’s voice returned to its usual volume and offered no indication of agitation while she mused over the events that occurred in front of her. “While everyone was up and arms about what the Seneschal was attempting to do, no one actually asked what his plans were. I agree, there was poor wording on his part, ‘tucked away’ isn’t exactly all that welcoming in my book. However, even as he was attempting to explain his thought process, he was met with resistance because apparently there is not enough time in the world for new kindred to go through the proper channels before assisting with the city’s investigations.”

“And I’m afraid you have missed out on how little respect was shown to the Seneschal. This is not merely in his defense, this is a fact: There have been multiple occasions where I have witnessed a lack of respect for Mr. Jack simply because he is young and overlooked. Hypocritically enough, those are the same complaints I receive from Lord Bradford, who apparently worries over the lack of volunteer Keepers was contributed to his youthful Requiem.”

“This is the first I have ever come to encounter an outburst from Mr. Jack, likely from the buildup of things in recent events but Mr. Whitlock,” Victoria paused and closed her book for there was nothing juicy to write about in her words, “Won’t everyone attempt to seize control of what they do best in order to regain some sort of control during a period of tension? You are in the position where you wish to solve the mystery behind Brother Gordon’s disappearance and untimely death, Mr. Jack is in the position where he wishes to ensure the unacknowledged are not running around freely before obtaining Acknowledgement in this city when we are cursed with both Brood and Strix. I cannot say either of you are in the wrong but I would advise that we have a court meeting with His Grace to resolve the position struggle.”

“ If we are going by The Bill of Rights of this city, it does state that unacknowledged kindred are not afforded any of those rights, including feeding if hospitality is not granted. Judging by how quickly that pair has left with Miss Blackmoore before hospitality could be extended, you may well be subjected to prevent them from lingering around, even for the most basic of needs. That is, if you are intending to follow The Bill of Rights down to its last word.”

“As of this point, those kindred do not have the Right of Residence, Right of Law, and Right of Sustenance – an effect that comes from a lack of hospitality. And while we can argue that Mr. Jack’s precautionary tactics is a result of paranoia, he is still doing his job in accordance to the Bill of Rights, and that is the Bill you claim to uphold.”

Victoria shifted her body with a rueful smile, “I would suggest a corrective course of action for tonight. If you would gather the new kindred back on Elysium, I would request His Grace to make an appearance to grant them the necessary rights. Would that work better for all of us?”

Her mood was slightly lightened.  “As for the research, while the decree still stands, I will make the necessary courtesy calls to Miss Blackmoore before I enter her covenant’s territory. No reason to upset the Elder any more than necessary. I do have other investigation notes from the Vita case, should you wish to review it along with me. Consider these tasks paid in full, given the working relationship I have with Mr. Sadik. I would remind that for future help, do at least offer me a trivial to make a woman feel validated.”

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambria on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Elana pushes herself out of the corner where Whitlock had left her.

The room had calmed down enough to be a comfortable level again. Perhaps it was the essence that Mitari had left behind, but every Kindred seemed on edge and ready to fight. She stroked at her hair, a nervous habit she had kept from her mortal days.
Much work to be done in the next few nights, smoothing this out. That in addition too..no, she wouldn't think of that now.

Elana smoothed her face out and spoke up, finally.
Harpy speak wisdom. Respect must be given before received. Kindred can throw around status, age, even beauty but it mean nothing if no one cares. Trouble come when Kindred care only when it comes to self but disregard worth of others.

Jah..room smells of predator taint, must be something in air tonight. Everyone irritable.
She waves her hand as if to disperse the essence.

We all have jobs, I suggest we make most of evening and go do them.

I agree with you, Miss Charleston, however, I think it best it Alder Blackmore was left alone one night. Or two. Summoning her paladins back and away from her will  incite frenzy, this bad thing.  They are her "cani da guardia" and will only listen to her command. Better to let it lie, for moment.

Thomas...
She comes close, laying a hand on Whitlock's shoulder.

Let us go seek out..this ah, lead, da? It been bad night, maybe we work out tension before. You seek blood, in fight perhaps? Maybe in company of girl, or boy?
We find what indulgence calls to you. You think more clearly after. Let us go now, dawn comes sooner then expected

OOC: I figure that this will have to be left up to DT, though we can do pms if you want.
That goes for Prisculla too!

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Johnson on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:38 am

Robin had moved to rest at the outside of the gathering crowd. She remained silent as she listened and watched the kindred of the city slowly tear themselves apart. The Goddess had already shown her that this was exactly what the strix wanted and they were succeeding marvelously. This of course is not acceptable.  

The sound of Mr. Whitlocks voice pulled her from her thoughts. A easy smile plastered itself to her features as she turned in the direction of the sheriff." I do happen to know where to find Mr. Parker. If you would like, I can let him know to contact you as soon as he can. However, before I disturb him, could it be anything that I may be of help with?"

Robin cut her green eyed gaze towards Lord Bradford, her remaining in place. "Lord Bradford....Mr. Whitlock, I insist you call me Robin. Ms. Hubble much to formal. Now then Lord Bradford if you will give me a moment to finish talking with the sheriff, I will meet you outside and allow you to excort me to the Opera House where we can talk."

Meg Johnson
Admin
Admin

http://Opium-Aether.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mitthurin on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 am

*Whitlock's smile fades slowly into a darkening frown as Victoria rails against the actors in tis little drama. It is only upon Elena's bright voice that he, with an effort, hold in check true rashness. Speaking once more, he prepares to leave.*

"Madame Harpy, thank you for your insight, truly your wisdom and courage are expansive. The one for allowing you knowledge of how your fellow court officers should attend their duties, the other for chastising those no longer present to defend themselves. I have not the time to respond to each of your observations, so let me simply say that His Grace chose well the position of Harpy. Rarely has the title been so apropos to the individual wearing it."

*Turning to Elena he extends an arm toward the door, a faraway look in his eyes.*

"My dear Lady Corsetti you are right, a diversion would be excellent, but work before play I believe, especially if your diversion be more lovely than yourself."

*Confusedly looking about at last he turns to Robin.*

"Miss ... Robin I believe Lord Bradford left some time ago for the Opera House. My desire to speak with Mr. Parker is mostly precautionary as in the course of this investigation we may find his talents helpful. I know not where your talents lie however so if you would like to help in any matter I accept your aid, wither for Miss Charleston if she still wishes to investigate the library, or myself and Lady Corsetti."

*Turning toward the door he pulls his hat down and walks away.*

(OOC: Bradford left the building before Whitlock and Victoria got into it)

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Meg Johnson on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:15 pm

( ooc : I was trying to play catch up, but I am all off track :: face palm :: I just wanted to make sure I adressed everyone who spoke to her.)

Robin gave a slight nod of her head. " I will see if I can locate Mr. Parker, and I will be in touch." With that she followed behind them out the door and headed towards the Opera House.

Meg Johnson
Admin
Admin

http://Opium-Aether.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilla Tan on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Suppressing a chuckle, Victoria watched the darkening expression as each little truth cuts a frown in his features. Little Daeva is all in a tiff over a bit of nothing. Gracing the departing Sheriff with a sweet smile that she only saves for a sorry prey, Victoria bid her adieus with complete sincerity. "Happy to address your complaint. Goodnight, Mr. Whitlock."

Nodding towards Lady Red, there was a slight look of concern in Victoria's eyes. She has seen better days of the Elder. "I will ask His Grace to let the matter rest for a few nights while I search for Brother Gordon's book."

"Shall we depart as well Lady Corsetti? Empty walls are hardly a way I like to spend my nights." Scrolling through her phone of contacts, the pink-haired woman grinned at the events to come from the wealthy feed. "Would you like to spend the rest of the evening around a Gala of beautiful beings with me?"

(OOC: I'm amazed I was able to do a downtime last night. *crashes*)

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum