MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

Past and Future Gatherings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Past and Future Gatherings

Post by Chris Alexander on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 am

Greetings fellow Kindred of Dark Ridge,

It has been sometime since there was a snafu in our gatherings but as we have one currently I thought it best if we do a little recapping. In the absence of an official Master of Elysium I'll take up where the former Seneschal left off in attempting to organize our gatherings.

To date, these are the gatherings we have had and who hosted the events:

May 2014: Camerata Opera House
June 2014: Clan Ventrue - Versailles
July 2014: Clan Deava - Maison De La Rose
August 2014: Invictus - Lakefront Gardens
September 2014: Carthian Movement - Pi Lounge
October 2014: Circle of the Crone - Samhain Rite at the new art museum
November 2014: Lancea Sanctum - Gran Ballo at St. Catherine's Cathedral
December 2014: Clan Mekhet - Personal haven of Mr. DeCranthis within Montrose
January 2015: Clan Deava - Maison De La Rose
February 2015: Clan Nosferatu - Necropolis Caldarium

A rather good spread of contributions from Clans and Covenants I'd say. However, now we have two vying for the honor of hosting the next gathering. My own Covenant had expressed some interest at the last gathering. Also, the Priscus for the Ventrue Clan, Miss Dalca, has also put forth a desire to host on behalf of Clan Ventrue.

As it falls to me to make an official decision in this matter I have decided on this. As Prefect of the Carthians I will concede the gathering to Clan Ventrue. Dark Ridge has not seen a showing of Clan Ventrue in some time and I for one would like to see what the new Priscus might have up her sleeve. There will be plenty of of occasions for the Movement to strut their stuff in the future and the Pi Lounge is always open for business.

So our March Gathering will be hosted by Clan Ventrue at the request of their Priscus. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for us Miss Dalca. As a suggestion, you may what to talk to Miss Charleston on the matter. She had a delicious idea for the Movement's gathering that may appeal to your tastes.

March 2015: Clan Ventrue - TBA

As for future gatherings ... If your Clan or Covenant would like to host Elysium in the future please contact me, or leave a response here. This will do until an official Master of Elysium can be acquired. I will tentatively claim July for the Movement as I believe a fireworks display viewed from the glass dome of the Pi Lounge would be an excellent idea.

April 2015: (Lakehouse game. No particular host as per Admin)

May 2015:
June 2015:
July 2015: Carthian Movement - Pi Lounge + fireworks
August 2015:
September 2015:
October 2015:
November 2015:
December 2015:

With regards,
Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Past and Future Gatherings

Post by RowanArtemis on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 pm

Please pardon this question if it sounds ignorant, but is it common in this city for established positions to have duties that are not common to the position elsewhere?

I ask because, in my experience, a Master of Elysium has no say over the social calendar of a Court. That is, rightly, in the hands of the Prince, as the seat of Praxis, and in the office of Seneschal, as the right hand of the Prince. I often seen such tasks considered to be part of the day-to-day operations of the domain.

A Master of Elysium, on the other hand, is in charge of keeping the Elysium maintained and ensuring safety for the Elysium. Nothing more. He or she may work with Sheriff or Hound to accomplish this, if their martial skills are not sufficient, but it is still the charge of a Master of Elysium to ensure the Sanctity of the Elysium itself.

Given that I have heard multiple requests from the officers of this Court to have interested parties apply for the Master of Elysium position, perhaps the duties of that in the eyes of the Praxis holder, and his appointed Seneschal, could be spelled out? Since it clearly seems to be different than what I am used to, I worry that others may be equally uncertain.

With Respect,

Sefika Sadik
Deputy of Dark Ridge
Priscus of the Clan of Shadows
Adept of the Sanguine Curse within the Ordo Dracul

OOC: Generalizations obtained from the Court and City Positions, as presented in the House Rules: http://darkridge.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Court_and_City_Positions
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

http://gnomeyoudidnt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilla Tan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:55 am

Oh pish posh, are we making a mountain out of a molehill?

To date, it has been the Seneschal's duties to pack the social calendar but it also meant that the future appointed Master of Elysium has to make sure that their calendars are open for the task instead of wandering off to the dangerous parts of the city that you and the Sheriff are so apt at finding.

In any case, congratulations on your newly acquired position as Priscus of the Shadows! But, isn't it too soon to look into other positions in the city when your seat has yet warmed over from experience?

If the interested parties are as abundant as you claim, shouldn't the first sign of responsibility and leadership be to ask for themselves or do we have some shy souls who can't stand to be amongst the social crowd? If that is the case, won't that make for tedious nights~?

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambria on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Da, each City do things different. Sometimes each Court is gathered at Elysium, so dull!
Glad to see tradition not carried on here.

Prince is busy with city, delegation is key and shows wise Prince.
Strong Kindred lead by example while others whine. Dis is the way of things.

Inscribed this night by Thomas Hostewick,

By the will of the Honorable Alder Elena Corsetti,
-- Invictus, Succubus, Damned --

Ambria
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:10 pm

I have no personal interest in the position, Harpy Charleston. If I did, I would have said as much. I have interest in public responsibilities being publicly known. Nothing more.

If other are not interested in understanding the rules under which they are expected to function (outside of the formal edicts already set forth by the Prince), so be it. Silence is often easier for me than not.

I will simply continue supporting my Clan as Priscus, supporting the Sheriff as Deputy, and working with my Covenant in our personal matters.

With Respect,

Sefika Sadik
Deputy of Dark Ridge
Priscus of the Clan of Shadows
Adept of the Sanguine Curse within the Ordo Dracul
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

http://gnomeyoudidnt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Perhaps the kindred who have interest are confused who to contact to state their interest? Or perhaps they have come forward and their interest has been made known to relevant parties, of whom we are not.

It was previously stated that anyone interested in a court position should mention their interest to their priscus and that the Prisci would bring any interested candidates forward to the Seneschal.

Is this not still the case?

~Lillian Blackmoore

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:42 am

Ms. Blackmoore,

You are most certainly correct; that is the case. Many in this city would do well to have as sharp a memory as you do. And seeing as Ms. Sadik is in fact the Priscus of her clan, I think it is commendable she seeks the answers to these questions, so she may be better informed when a member of her clan inquires them of her in the future. The position details and responsibilities in the eyes of this particular Praxis and in this particular city would no doubt come up, and it would seem prudent to know the information already, rather than have her clanmates wait while she finds the information at that later time. We could all stand to think ahead and prepare a bit more, as Ms. Sadik here is doing, if we are to thrive as a community, now and in the future.

Sincerely,
Lord Richard Bradford
Valued Primogen of Dark Ridge,
Recognized member of the First Estate,
Acknowledged Ventrue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Fellow Kindred,

It warms my cold unbeating heart to know that, in a time when there is a plethora of issues besetting our city, that we can still debate on the inner workings of this Praxis.

Let me set the record straight:

You are correct, Adept Sadik, that the day to day affairs of the city lay at my feet as the Seneschal of Dark Ridge. However, how I delegate those affairs is my business. If I want the Master of Elysium to be in charge of the social calendar of Dark Ridge then so be it. This is, apparently, not like any city you have visited before. As the Honorable Alder Elena Corsetti pointed out ... we are far from a "traditional" city. Therefore, assumptions should not be made and it is not the policy of this Praxis to explain every detail of every post/position of its court.

The standard practice of this Praxis is, as the Mother Confessor said, for interested parties to speak with their Prisci who then report said interest to me. I then report all interested parties to His Grace and he makes a selection. I will then explain all duties that they will be asked to perform. If they believe they are being asked to do too much, perhaps they should have inquired personally as to what might be asked of them before speaking with their Priscus.

However, anyone can see, if they understand context clues, that my intention for a Master of Elysium is for them to maintain the social calendar of events. If someone doesn't know who to contact then obviously that is an internal issue within a particular Clan, and should be resolved by their Priscus. However, if anyone has any questions about the day to day affairs of this Praxis my door is always open.

I hope this clarifies things. If so, then perhaps Lord Bradford can stop puckering so hard. If he's not careful his face is going to get stuck that way.

Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Mr. Seneschal,

Perhaps it would improve the number of applicants if those duties were made clear to the general populace of the city? I wouldn't dare apply for a position I didn't understand the responsibilities of.
I don't feel that it should be the duty of the Priscus of a clan to relay the expectations of an office, that should instead be the duty of the officers of the court who are attempting to fill the position. Perhaps a public notice in the city's Elysium would be a decent means of supplying the necessary information?

To the matter of your address of Lord Bradford at the end of your missive,
I do not understand your meaning in reference to him, but I do hope that as a fellow valued citizen of this city you aren't trying to insult the character of a valued member of the Primogen Council. Such slander against a member of the Prince's chosen advisory council could be considered slander against the Prince himself...were someone to misunderstand your meaning.

-Lillian Blackmoore

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RJohnson83 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Not knowing the duties one is required to perform would definitely stop many kindred from applying for a position, especially if even the Priscus that they are required to go to petition for said position doesn't even know. Wouldn't it be advisable to at least inform the clan leaders of the responsibilities of the positions so that they don't suggest unqualified individuals?

Hmm, I rather like Lord Bradford's face. It is very refined and handsome. I've never seen him "pucker" before. I don't believe he strikes me as an individual who would do something like that.

Acknowledged in the city of Darkridge

Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.
RJohnson83
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:18 pm

I really don't know much more clear I can be on this subject. We all the know general duties of a Master of Elysium. I have expressed what additional duties I plan for the post. If other duties come up they will come up on a case by case basis. I will not place limitations on what is expected of any one position within this Praxis. To say more would be pointless repetition.

Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum