MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

A Reminder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Reminder

Post by Chris Alexander on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Greetings to all my fellow Kindred of Dark Ridge,

I would like to preface this by extending my appreciation to many of you in this fair city.

First, to his Grace, Alder Duke Elliot Grey. It is a great honor that you extend to me by selecting me to be your Seneschal. An honor I am most grateful for. I hope to validate your trust in me in the many nights to come.

Secondly, to Priscus Aydin Sadik, now the Sheriff of Dark Ridge. I extend to you both my appreciation for your aid these past few months as my Deputy, and my congratulations on being made Sheriff in my place. I'm sure we will be able to continue to work well together.

Lastly, to all those who at any point in time offered their aid in solving the many mysteries and conundrums that have plagued our city. I whole "heartedly" thank you for the assistance and encourage you to continue to provide your aid and assistance to Mr. Sadik, as I'm sure there may be many more such situations in the future. It would be our luck.

Thank you all, and thank you to those who have been so vocal in their congratulations for my appointment to Seneschal.

Now, for that reminder.

As Seneschal it is my duty to help his Grace manage the day to day affairs and resources of the city. So to those who are new to the city and as a reminder to those who are not. If you need to make an appointment with his Grace, have an important matter concerning the city, or need to make an introduction at the next Elysium please contact me first. I will pass along all the relevant information to his Grace to any other member of the Court that may be able to assist with the issue.

For instance, we still have a vacancy for the position of Keeper of Elysium. No official decisions have been made and we are still receiving applications for the position. If you have not already spoken to myself or to his Grace prior to my appointment then please contact me and I will make his Grace known of your desire to fill the position. The position may or may not be announced at the next Elysium so get your name in before it or you may lose out. Additionally, it is undecided if there will be any other openings at Court but when I know you'll know.

On another note, a few months back, before many of you arrived to our Court, the Royal Harpy and the previous Seneschal asked the Kindred of Dark Ridge for some information. The request had been put forth, for those willing to do so, for information on Allies and Contacts you may have in the city. So as to seek out those with the relevant incite into matters that might be plaguing the city. It is my understanding that many did not offer up any information, perhaps no one did. So I would like to ask again. To those willing to part with such information, in the hopes of finding those who can help aid the city in times of need, please come see me or Miss Victoria Charleston. Your connections within the city will be handled in secret if you wish. We will not contact them in any way, but deal only with you when the situation arises.

To sweeten the pot I offer this deal:
1. For each Ally or Contact you have a connection with, that you provide to the Court, I will offer you a Trivial Boon.
2. You may turn in 5 Trivial Boons for one Minor Boon (and only one) from myself.
3. Should you provide a full list of Allies and Contacts (Contacts *****, and 5 different Allies of variable ratings) to the Court I will instead offer a Major Boon.

So to recap:
If you need to see the Prince or have an important city matter that needs to be addressed, please see me.
Help will always be welcome when dealing with situations currently under investigation by the Sheriff. So aid when and where you can. Together we can all make our city safer for our Requiems.
Boons for Allies and Contacts. This deal may not last forever so jump at the chance to get a potential Major Boon from good ol' Jack.

I hope the nights find you all safe and well,
Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: A Reminder

Post by RowanArtemis on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Congratulations on your appointment, Seneschal.

Just to be clear, the Boon(s) being offered are for the use of our influences on behalf of the city? Or simply for informing yourself and Harpy Charleston about their presence? The former makes far more sense, but I admit to being unclear about your intent, and I want to be sure that I am providing the correct information to the appropriate person.

Sefika Sadik
-Shadow
-Dragon
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

http://gnomeyoudidnt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:21 pm

@RowanArtemis wrote: Just to be clear, the Boon(s) being offered are for the use of our influences on behalf of the city? Or simply for informing yourself and Harpy Charleston about their presence?

Thank you for the congratulations Lady Sadik.

As to your inquiry, the ideas go hand in hand. By informing myself and/or Miss Charleston of the specific Allies and Contacts you have in the city we can build a comprehensive list of who to call upon when a situation arises. Then, those individuals called upon can help or not according to their own desires. It is important that we have multiple individuals that can be called upon incase some are not present or have already called on a contact or ally's services. However, the idea is that the influence would be used on behalf of the city.

For instance, we have had need in the past for a kindred to have an ally or contact in the medical community. If we know of 2 or 3 different Kindred that can aid in a situation where that influence can be helpful then it is more likely that the problem can be solved quickly and efficiently. However, suppose we only know of one among us who has such pull. If that individual is unavailable or has already used his influence, then it is possible that the need of the city cannot be solved quickly and may have negative consequences.

So yes, it the Boon(s) are for the specific knowledge of who or what connections you have, with the intent that they could be used for the betterment of Dark Ridge.

Does this clarify things for you?
Jack
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Yes. That makes things quite clear. Thank you, Seneschal Jack.

Sefika Sadik
-Shadow
-Dragon
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

http://gnomeyoudidnt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down