August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

Gangrel Priscus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gangrel Priscus

Post by Douglas Chaffee on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:25 am

I am Alexander de Lobo and I am publicly calling out Mr. Krause for replacement on the prisci council due to unexplained absence for at least 2gatherings costing our clan the chance for a voice in the direction this fair city takes. Therefore I give Mr Krause one week from today to answer my challenge or the clan will consider it a challenge refused and my claim to prisci with the backing of all gangrel known to us shall be considered valid and I shall replace Mr Krause as the voice of the gangrel in this city

Douglas Chaffee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Re: Gangrel Priscus

Post by Priscilla Tan on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 am

Mr. de Lobo,

Your Priscus was found staked and drained of blood in Miss Blackmore's basement. I would say that that's a very good explanation for his absence. However, do carry on with the challenge. It has been a little over six months since I last witnessed a Savage brawl over leadership. Can't say it wasn't fun to watch.

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Voitle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Mr. Lobo:

While your frustration at your current priscus is noted and may well be justified, what Miss Charleston says is true. Until recently, Mr. Krause had been held hostage. What I find more disturbing is your willingness to take a clan-matter and turn it into a public affair. While I'm certain the kindred of Dark Ridge are all on pins and needles to know how this gauntlet, now thrown, will land; I would be remiss if I did not remind you,  who your clan chooses to stand as Priscus is a Clan matter with which the rest of the city has no real involvement.

With that said, I'm uncertain I would be comfortable allowing someone who airs my clans dirty laundry out in public to represent me as a voice of my clan on the Priscus council. Something for you, and the other members of clan Gangrel, to keep in mind.

Respected Ventrue
Robert Voitle
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahlia on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am

Don't the Savages normally make public challenges to one another for, well, everything? If this had happened at court as opposed to this venue, would the Lords be making such a big deal about it? While this is perhaps not the wording I might have suggested, we on the Prisci Council did ask de Lobo to make his claim of Gangrel Priscus publically to set a precedent of not allowing just anyone to claim the title without a fight (whether physical or social).

*Disclaimer: The contents of this message are fictitious and represent actions and communication within a fantasy setting. No harm to real persons, places, or things is intended.*

Ahlia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am

The Savages are, of course, welcome to handle their Clan issues in whatever manner they see fit, Priscus Jacobs. If this is the forum that they have selected to throw down their gauntlet, so be it. The citizens of Dark Ridge are welcome to follow the results, or not, according to their own inclination.

Matters within Clan Ventrue are handled differently because we are very different creatures, but that does not make the methods of other Clans any less valid for members of that Clan.

The matter of Priscus Krause's kidnapping at the hands of Lillian Blackmoore may affect the decision of Clan Gangrel, or it may not, but that is, of course, up to Clan Gangrel.

Baroness Jeanette Eleanora Hollinshead
Valued Seneschal of Dark Ridge
Valued Judex of the First Estate
Acknowledged Lord
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

http://gnomeyoudidnt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Thank you Mr. de Lobo for your update to the citizens of Dark Ridge on the status of Priscus within your clan. I can only imagine the confusion and frustration that you and Mr. Juan Rodriguez are experiencing having just arrived in the city and never meeting your Priscus.

While it is true that he was captured and held by Ms. Blackmoore up until he was released at the gathering, I believe it was an oversight that no one introduced you to him. You had really no way of knowing that your priscus was among the rescued as it seemed like he left quite promptly after being released.

In short, thank you again for updating this city on the status of the priscus position within your clan. Once it has been worked out who your representative to the council will be, the Prisci council will give you all proper access to where we hold our meetings.

Aydin Sadik,
Recognized Priscus of the Shadows
Recognized Hero of the Acolytes
Valued Hound and Deputy of Dark Ridge

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Kidnapping is such a harsh word. Must we rehash the events of my mistake in such a public manner?
I'll have you all know that I only had Mr. Krauss as a guest in my house for a few short weeks, at best.
His absence in the previous few court gatherings was not my doing. Perhaps Mr. De Lobo is in the right to question his Priscus.

~Lillian Blackmoore

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Chaffee on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

To all who seem concerned one way or the other yes I called Mr Krause out in public that is due to the fact that my challenge and question in private was ignored if Mr Krause needs time to recoup from his ordeal at the hands of Ms. Blackmore I would be willing to allow that but if I was the voice of a clan and I got captured upon my release I would at least make contact with my clan he has not made any contact with any of us to my knowledge it's not like we number in the hundreds not even the 10's there ate 4 to my knowledge 3 not counting him that's what 3 calls emails something call the harpy anything we are a clan who prides itself on strength and comradery at least as I was taught by my sire in Mexico city

Douglas Chaffee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilla Tan on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh god forbid that a harpy should have an opinion in the public forum. Makes you wonder how many jaws drop when I write a report in this city. I just wanted to point out that Mr. de Lobo seemed a bit quick at jumping to challenge his Priscus when

1) He was only Acknowledged two months ago without knowing his Priscus and,

2) No one in his clan seemed to make it a deal to figure out where their leader is and instead, Mr de Lobo chose to go to the Prisci council to ask for advice to challenge him when Mikhail Kraus is technically still Recognized in this city. Talk about being opportunistic - my undead heart approves.

In case anyone wonders, I'm still all for the brawling and public war cries - whatever tickles your fancy. But if you decided to throw the gauntlet in public, we are all entitled to put out opinions to the matter - clans have nothing to do with it. I'm sure it was partially Mr. de Lobo's intent when he declared the challenge in such a public domain. How else better to get to know the next possible candidate to lead the Savages?

As for Miss Blackmoore, I hope that next time I appear as your guest, it will be not to water your plants. Keep the decor fancy.

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Chaffee on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Lady Charleston,
You are quite right I was only acknowledged 2months ago and the night I arrived Mr Sadik tried to introduce me to Mr Krause who was mia.

However madam I did not go to the council for advice on how to challenge a clan mate of mine for dominance and or voice of my clan. You all like to call us savages then some get shocked when low and behold we act that way. The council approached me asking me to make it public even tho I had issued the challenge privately already so that all would know it was a challenge in case another wayward unknown gangrel wanted to vote or challenge also. While I greatly appreciate the support of the council. I neither have to have nor did I solicite it. Did I somehow earn it maybe, are they looking to buy off another fighter fir an unknown plot to me maybe. But it is my right as a gangrel in good standing of my clan to challenge any gangrel when I feel they are not portraying my clan in a proper light. The fact that all this has happened publicly since his release with no response makes me even more resolute in my challenge because he won't even acknowledge that a challenge was laid down

Douglas Chaffee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Madam Harpy,

Of course a Harpy is entitled to her opinions. That is why she is the harpy.
Was it not Mr DeLobo who aided the court in securing the release of my house guests? Was it not he who has aided the city not once, but twice now, with his assistance to the Sheriff in researching the weird heathen statues?

I find it curious that you bring up the fact that he was only acknowledged a mere two months ago, but no mention was made to the rapid increase in standing for his Priscus, who attained his recognition in less time and has yet to voice his opinions on this matter.

You do bring up a good point, however in mentioning his standing in our city.
Why is the kindred known as Mikael Kraus recognized in this city?
What has he done in the short months since His Grace took praxis that has earned him such a standing within our society? Especially for one who is so irregular in his attendance to His Grace's functions?

~Lillian Blackmoore

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Voitle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Ms. Blackmore:
For one who has conducted herself so poorly, I do not feel it appropriate nor proper for you to speak on anyone's social standing. Mr. Krause was raised in status for his selfless aid to the domain and he has not been absent a sufficiently long period of time to justify dropping his status. However, missing a third court would, I'm certain, cause the madam harpy to reconsider his status.

Respected Ventrue
Robert Voitle
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Your Grace,
With all due respect, it is in light of my stigma as a social pariah that I feel it is exactly appropriate to voice my opinions on this matter. When one is making steps towards recovering her reputation, it is wise to make allies, and to express ones thoughts most publicly so that rumors do not mill about and further sully that which has fallen so far.

~Lillian Blackmoore

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Voitle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Ms. Blackmoore:

I do not begrudge you attempting to restore your damaged reputation, but it is your actions that will redeem you not your opinion on the social standing of those with whom you must share this city. If you wish to recover your reputation, start by helping to solve the problems we are experiencing here in Dark Ridge rather than causing them. Should you do that, I will be one of the first to recognize your contributions.

Respected Ventrue
Robert Voitle
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilla Tan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:22 am

Did anyone say anything about being surprised? No. It's not the first brawl I've seen challenged against Mr. Kraus and I'm sure the older members of the city have witnessed a fight or two in inner clan disputes. However your clan wishes to pick its leader is none of anyone else's concern.

Mikhail Kraus attained his recognition for being exactly how a Gangrel should act. He jumped to help without hesitation while having to care for an unreleased childe with every attempt to pass down the same values. If this ever ends up as a glove fight or noncontention, Mr. de Lobo, you have shoes to fill --- and I will be watching.

So go forth. Scream, bruise, be bloody, be resolute! The world is just quivering in excitement over who comes on top.

Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum