MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

Future Gatherings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future Gatherings

Post by RowanArtemis on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 am

To the Esteemed Kindred of Dark Ridge

As previously mentioned, I feel that it behooves the citizens of this city to meet on a regular basis to discuss the ongoing issues before us - an unknown spirit able to possess Kindred, visits from Lupines, statuettes that serve as soul jar-esque objects capable controlling a Kindred with a stake through his heart, and who knows what else that has yet to come to light.

With that goal in mind, it is completely unacceptable to have such Gatherings be handled so last-minute as the one this month was handled. I should have stepped in far more quickly than I did. Perhaps I expected too much in terms of the abilities of others to act without prompting. Such an error will not occur again.

In that effort, I am putting out a formal request for every Clan, every Covenant, and any interested private individuals to volunteer to host a Gathering each month for the next year. This is not an order; it is a request. However, I caution that any reluctance on the part of a given group to aide the city may affect how that group is viewed in the eyes of their peers and His Grace's Praxis.

The Carthian Movement has already volunteered to host a Gathering in September. Once more interested parties have stepped forward, this list will be updated appropriately. Given that we have previously met on the second Saturday of each month, it would seem to behoove us to maintain that schedule.

September 2014: Carthian Movement - Pi Lounge
October 2014: Circle of the Crone - Samhain Rite at the new art museum
November 2014: Lancea Sanctum - Gran Ballo at St. Catherine's Cathedral
December 2014:
January 2015:
February 2015:
March 2015:
April 2015:
May 2015:
June 2015:
July 2015:
August 2015:

In Service,

Baroness Jeanette Eleanora Hollinshead
Recognized Seneschal of Dark Ridge
Valued Judex of the First Estate
Acknowledged Lord

Last edited by RowanArtemis on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

http://gnomeyoudidnt.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Future Gatherings

Post by Sarah Wade on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:30 am

Madam Seneschal,
I would very much like for the Lancea Sanctum to host the gathering for November. The Lancea Sanctum has a special holiday in November that I would love to celebrate with the entirety of our court.

I am fully aware that not every member of the court shares the same beliefs I do, but I feel that it would be a wonderful show of support for the traditions this city was founded on to have the Gran Ballo, once again, in Dark Ridge.

In Service to the Lance,
Mother Confessor Lillian Blackmoore
Succubi of the Sanctified

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:38 am

To Mother Confessor Lillian Blackmoore:

Your officer is most appreciated, Mother Confessor. The November Gathering will be held by the Sanctified, per your request. As a member of the First Estate, I look forward to seeing what the Second Estate has in store for us all.

In Service,

Acknowledged Lord
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RJohnson83 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 am

Seneschal Hollinshead,

The Circle of the Crone would be honored to provide a location to host October's court.  We have been busy remodeling the abandoned Darkridge Museum of Art, and would love to show off our efforts to our fellow brothers and sisters of the court.  There are many wonderful works of art in the museum itself, as well as a lovely moon garden surrounding the building itself.  I believe that the premises would be a fantastic place to hold a gathering.  If it would not inconvenience the members of Darkridge's court, we would like to have it on October, 31st, or Samhain, as we refer to it.  This is a holy day for us, and we wish to celebrate it with all of Darkridge's Kindred.

May the Goddess smile upon you,
Nicolas Parker

OOC:  I'm not asking to literally change the game date to Halloween, but Samhain is a Wiccan holiday, and I think it would be cool to RP that we had court on that night.  Also, I have to work from 7pm to 7am on this game night, so I will miss this game, but I believe the other members of the Circle will be able to attend the game.

Acknowledged in the city of Darkridge

Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.
RJohnson83
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 am

To Heirophant Parker:

That sounds excellent. Many thanks to our local Acolytes for the generous offer. I will make note of it in the official schedule.

Acknowledged Lord
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:57 am

OOC: I agree that it would be awesome to actually have the game on Samhain, however, I too would have to miss the game unless I specifically ask off for it. Additionally their are those who might be trick-or-treating or have other events specific for Samhain. (idk if the annual witches ball is being held then or not.)

I think we should keep to the normal schedule and/or perhaps have an additional special game night on the first of November (the Saturday night following samhain).
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:03 am

OOC: He specified that the date change would be IC only. OOCly, the game is still on the same weekend. Smile
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Madame Seneschal, and members of the court,
I would like to retract the offer for the Lancea Sanctum to host the November gathering.
We are a covenant that is dwindling in membership here in Dark Ridge and as such, I do not have the capability to host the city on my own. Should there come a time when my attentions can be turned from maintaining the stability of my church to hosting a gathering, I will endeavor to inform you.

Thank you for your time,

Lillian Blackmoore,
Mother Confessor of the Lancea Sanctum

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RowanArtemis on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 pm

That is a disappointment, certainly, but I understand the position your Covenant is in. It is my hope that you will find yourself in a position to host future Gatherings once your numbers have increased.

Acknowledged Lord
RowanArtemis
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:55 am

Kindred of Dark Ridge,

While I understand that Baroness Hollinshead has returned to Britain, I would still like to continue her mission of securing hosts for the upcoming gatherings.

I had backed out of the hosting duties for the November gathering because my covenant was not populous enough to host the city. Things have changed, and we do have the numbers required to host this gathering after all.

I am officially requesting permission from His Grace, Elliot Gray for the Lancea Sanctum to continue with our plans to host the city during the Gran Ballo at St. Catherine's Cathedral for the month of November.

Regards,
Lillian Blackmoore,
Mother Confessor of the Lancea Sanctum

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum