August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

A friendly visit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A friendly visit

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:57 pm

*Aydin drove across town on his matte black sports bike. He wove through traffic silently on his way to St. Catherine's Cathedral. He pulled up into the closest spot to the front door, dropped the kickstand and flipped the switch to power down the bike. Aydin then took off his helmet, the one he wears just so the cops don't hassle him, and placed it on the seat. With his hands he combed down his hair a bit. That helmet always makes his hair go crazy.

With purpose, he walked up the steps and through the front door.  He walked down the pews sensing for another beast.  He was looking for Lillian, and he knew this was the best place to find her.*

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Re: A friendly visit

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm

::: Lillian steps out of a confessional booth, straightens her dress and nun's habit. A small woman steps out of the other side of the booth and smiles at Lillian thanking her for listening. Lillian looks at the woman and places a hand on her shoulder, looking deeply into the woman's eyes. She speaks softly to her, but the words are indecipherable. The woman straightens and immediately starts to leave, with a sense of urgency to her steps. She glances sidelong at Aydin as she walks past but doesn't dally. Once she leaves the building, Lillian turns to the man who just walked into her church. :::

"Can I help you?" She says with the soft undertone of distrust in her voice.

IC: Undecided

OOC: Sarah

-Former Webmistress, Founder of the Dark Ridge Troupe

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:20 pm

*Aydin changes his body language to make Lillian more at ease. He approaches carefully, reading her posture and face to get a judge of her mental state.*

(speaking in as little of a turkish accent as he can)Miss Blackmoore, you may not remember me from the gathering, I am Aydin Sadik, Priscus of the Mekhet. As I stated in my letter to you, I'm making my way around the city getting to know her residents. You were next on my list.

*Ayden bows his head slightly and motions to a church pew*

Would you like to chat?

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:36 pm

::: Lillian's body language shifts a little and her voice is less distrusting, but the hint of distrust still remains for those careful enough to listen for it. She looks around the chapel to make sure no other kine are present and then sits in the pew. :::

"Ah, yes. Mr. Sadik. I was expecting that you would come by sometime this evening. I do not remember meeting you at the gathering, but then, I do not remember much of the gathering that evening. Events being what they were. "

::: Lillian shifts a little uncomfortably in her seat as she examines the man in front of her. :::

"So, Mr. Sadik. What would you like to discuss? Would you like to hear some of the teachings of Longinus? Have you come to confess your sins to me?"

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm

While the teachings of Longinus are indeed interesting, I my own copy of the Testament at home, and as far as sins, I have not committed any recently that need to be confessed. *he smiles*

I merely am trying to get to know those who also call this city home. Tell me a bit about yourself.

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:27 pm

::: Lillian eyes the man curiously. She quirks a brow and chuckles. :::

"It is rather presumptuous to arrange this meeting and begin by asking for information about who I am without offering even the slightest bit of information about who you are."

::: Lillian stands and walks around the end of the pew, tracing her fingers along the oaken backs of the pew as she walks. :::

"Frankly, I find it strange and off putting that you seem already to know more about me than I do about you. I am not a fan of divulging my history to perfect strangers, Mr. Sadik, and I have more than enough 'friends' these nights. I am not looking to make more at the moment, I hope you understand my hesitation."

::: Lillian pulls her nun's habit off of her head and shakes out her curly dark brown hair. She begins to walk down the isle but pauses for a moment, looking back over her shoulder. :::

"If you'd like to discuss business, we can make an arrangement, otherwise I think I've had my fill of conversation for the evening."

Last edited by Lillian Blackmoore on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:37 pm

I had not intended on this being a one sided exchange of information, and I'd be more than happy to start with telling you about myself.  However, if you feel like storming off like a child, then fair enough.  

*lays a business card down on the pew*

There is my number.  If you suddenly find yourself more friendly, feel free to call me.  I am interested in some of your lacrima, but I suppose you do not have enough patience for even that.

*Aydin bows respectfully*

Goodnight Miss Blackmoore.

*Ayden put his hands in his pockets and walked towards the doors of the cathedral.  Perhaps this one is not worth his time.*

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:08 pm

::: Lillian turns to Sadik, her face scrunched up in anger and raises her voice as she turns to Sadik. As her voice raises, it takes on a thick British accent. :::

"You come to my church and call me names and then say I should find myself friendly? Well, Mr. Sadik, You want to know about me? You want to know about Lillian Blackmoore? Here is all you need to know about me. My sire was murdered and while I was grieving his loss I was torpored and dragged into a room filled with strangers who had no compassion for me and my loss, and you were among them. They grilled me about his death and then I was tossed away as though I no longer had use. I woke up into a world where everything I have known and loved for the last 200 years is now dead and you want me to be cordial and friendly? I spit on your desire for manners in this disgusting world that I am forced to live in. This disgusting world of blood and tears and sin so vile it makes me wish I could vomit."

::: As she speaks, blood pools in the corners of her eyes threatening to spill over and stain her porcelain face with red again. :::

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:35 pm

*Aydin stopped dead in his tracks and turned. After hearing her words and seeing her face, he realized he misread the situation. He approached very slowly towards Lillian with empathy on his face*

I am truly sorry for your loss, as well as your treatment since it. I misread the situation entirely. If you would accept it, allow me to offer prestation for my mistake. Clearly you were extremely close to your sire, and his loss has gouged out your happiness and left you broken. It seems you haven't had a single person to console you during this time. You stated you have more than enough friends. Perhaps this is true, but perhaps what you really need is a friend who is present during your time of grief. I'll admit, I'm not a great talker, nor do I have any sage advice when it comes to this topic...

*Aydin takes a seat on the pew next to her*

But I'm an excellent listener, and my night is free.

*Aydin waited for her reply, fairly confident he would get yelled at again and his offer rejected. But, it would be wrong for him to not at least try*

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wade on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm

::: Lillian stares at the man in confusion for a moment, her face gnarled up in anger, her slender porcelain fangs extended to their full length. Her posture that of a large cat ready to pounce it's prey, but her prey started speaking gentle words and trying to soothe her beast. Confusion. Her face reflected the spinning whirlwind that was taking place behind her eyes. She straightens her back, composes herself and takes a seat at the pew across the isle from Sadik. She looks up at the stained glass roses above the altar and just stares at them, as though her thoughts had somehow physically removed her from her body and taken her on a journey. She just sat there. Staring off into the distance, still as a corpse with a fractured look upon her face. Nearly and hour ticked by with her staring off into the distance before she spoke and when she did so, it was so faint and soft that it nestled the silence from the room rather than breaking it. :::

"Everything was pretty...once. But it's gone now. It's so far away that I can't quite grasp it anymore..."

::: She motioned as if she were physically trying to grasp at something. :::

"It's gone now, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. No amount of prayer, no amount of consolation...nothing can replace his beauty. He was a divine angel sent by god to bring me into this world, and now he is no more. Without him, what purpose do I serve? What reason do I have for remaining...for making wine and ghouls...for pretending to be this..."

::: She picks up the cornette of her nuns habit and throws it across the room. She turns and looks at Sadik :::

"Why do we put on this grand show? Who does it amuse? Who are we trying to pretend for? For our Princes? For our ghouls? For the Kine? We are monsters. We are demons and we are the darkness that devours the soul of men. What right do any of us have to pretend at friendship, or joy, or happiness?"

**DISCLAIMER**
Sarah Wade
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:07 am

*Aydin listened to her lament, and contemplated her words. After a moment of pause, he turned towards Lillian and replied.*

Much of that is true. We are monsters. However, what we are in not unnatural. We do not devour the souls of men any more than a tiger devours the soul of a buffalo, or a shark devours the soul of a smaller fish. We are apex predators, we are the top of the food chain. So, you are partially right… why are you pretending? Why do you exist? These are personal questions you must answer for youself.

As the apex, we have the right to anything we desire, whether that be friendship, joy or happiness. A lion doesn’t ask what right he has to his territory, he knows it instinctively that his territory is that which he claims and can hold.

Now that you have lost something irreplaceable, what do you plan to do with your life? Will you rise from the chaos and be a better predator, or will you let sorrow and weakness thieve you of your resolve.

**DISCLAIMER**
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum