MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

Of Elysium

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Of Elysium

Post by Toasty on Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 am

To all kindred of Dark Ridge:

If we have not met formally, allow me to convey a shortened introduction: I am Mr. Charles Langstrom, and following last month's gathering, I am your duly appointed Master of Elysium.

As an exercise in diplomacy, allow me to reiterate the honored tradition of Elysium:

• Elysium is our place of sanctum. It is the right and privilege of the Praxis to declare a place Elysium. A place held under the Law of Elysium will remain free of violence and thus is safe haven for all kindred of the city.
  • Elysium being held a center for our activity, you will dress and comport yourselves appropriately for the occasion, if only to avoid undue notice from observers. Refreshments will be provided, when possible, but it would be wise not to show up hungry. Tempers need not flare in such a sacrosanct place. It is also not permitted to hunt too closely to the grounds that His Grace declares Elysium, as this would endanger our secrecy.
  • Any sort of physical or mystical confrontation is strictly prohibited in the bounds of Elysium. As Cardinal Hayes has indicated, those who violate Elysium will be dealt with harshly, and I will be watching. If I feel that you are too close to the point of escalation, I will ask you to leave. Please bear in mind that if you are asked to vacate the premises, it is only to spare you from embarrassment and potential trouble.
  • Also, please bear in mind that the Law of Elysium is not merely some arcane rule, but exists for the protection and prosperity of our community. It is sacred to the Kindred, and you should always act with due deference to that tradition.

Also in due deference, allow me to reiterate His Grace's stance on some further questions involving the Law of Elysium:

• Weapons are allowed inside Elysium on the provision that they be peacetied or unloaded. This is for your protection and safety. Such provisions should be easily visible to myself and the Sheriff, meaning that any arms are to be visible and visibly tied, and any firearms should be completely unloaded and without their ammunition holders. If you are caught with a non-provisioned weapon, you will be considered in breach of the Law of Elysium.
  • The use of Disciplines upon other unwilling Kindred within the confines of Elysium is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught doing so will be harshly punished, as this violates the
    Law of Elysium. If you are not sure whether or not use of a Discipline constitutes a breach of Elysium, err on the side of caution and do not use it at all.
  • While it is not a breach to conceal yourself at Elysium, it is impolite. Those who are discovered hiding through some means at Elysium will be asked to reveal themselves. Elysium is meant to be a place of gathering and socializing, and obfuscation implies either treachery or mistrust.

Among my duties is the procurement of locations suitable for the holding of gatherings, and while plans are certainly being put into place for a handful of neutral locations, renovation is a tiresome, tedious process and may not, in fact, be ready before the next calling of court, which shall be an important calling indeed.

Fortunately, His Grace has deigned to allow a rota, believing, as I do, that it will allow everyone to equally contribute to the proceedings of court, and give us all a certain sense of civic pride and duty.

It being so, I would like to issue a formal statement that I will be accepting voluntary submissions of holdings as potential locations to hold gatherings from any clan or covenant who participates in court. Such locations should be large enough to comfortably entertain a dozen or more people in, quite secure, and, preferably, within the city proper.

In anticipation of submissions, I will also state that I will personally be inspecting and evaluating holdings volunteered to be used as a place of gathering. Submission does not guarantee acceptance, but don't worry about what you might have heard: the lowliest hut will be received just as graciously as the most elaborate mansion, as long as it is safe, and if I am strict, it is only for our communal safety and comfort. It clearly doesn't do to be lackadaisical, what with the scrutiny we have come under.

Submissions may be addressed here, publicly, or in private with myself.

As a reminder, I will notify all of you of the location of the next gathering at least a week and a day beforehand, when possible, and give you directions if required.

Yr. Servant,
Lord Charles R. Langstrom III
Acknowledged Notary of the First Estate
Acknowledged of the Lords
Master of Elysium to the Prince of Dark Ridge
Toasty
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Of Elysium

Post by Toasty on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:53 am

It is most unfortunate that no one is willing to take advantage of this, in reality, rather fortunate lay of events. I had hoped to find a more cosmopolitan attitude. It is both an honor and a privilege to host a gathering for the entire city, after all.

No matter. I will make due with what is available, and ensure that it is as comfortable and secure as possible. I apologize for my tardiness in noting the location of the next gathering, but I had hoped...

Well, at any rate, my door will remain open to any latecomers (my breath, had I any, would be bated), should you wish to make a belated showing of civic pride.

Yr. Servant,

Lord Charles R. Langstrom III
Acknowledged Notary of the First Estate
Acknowledged of the Lords
Master of Elysium to the Prince of Dark Ridge

Master of Elysium of Dark Ridge
Toasty
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: