August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shoutbox

April 2014 Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

April 2014 Report

Post by Priscilla Tan on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:29 am

With the blessings of His Grace, Cardinal Alexandre Hayes, I bring you this month’s summary of events.

Well it has been an interesting night hasn’t it? To start off on a crystal clear note, the results of the events tonight were unplanned and unexpected. We, the members of the city of Huntsville have arrived to Dark Ridge with the intent to convene and seek acknowledgement in a peaceful manner under Lord Oberon Corsetti and his court. It came to our surprise that several of the kindred of Dark Ridge have sought for us at ‘The Church’ (that was so graciously offered by Mrs. Elenore Perth), inquiring if we were attempting to start something as devious as claiming praxis. It seems the seat of power is quite unpopular in town.

The native residents of Dark Ridge are listed as follows, in no particular order of importance:

Mr. Rick Reynolds – The ever charismatic Carthian Haunt with a distracting affiliation with engines. Perhaps an embrace of the Industrial revolution?

Lord Charles R. Langstrom III – Invictus Ventrue, proclaimed Notary, with an eloquence that is formidable of the First Estate.

Mrs. Elenore Perth – The illustrious Madame of “The Church” and the perfect example of a southern belle. Add a business mind to the oldest trade of the century, along with strapping ghoul as Mr. Barrow, the establishment offers nothing short of a good time under the caring accommodations of a Succubus.

Mr. Jack Archer – An Invictus Mehket. Mysterious and quiet.

Scarlet and Bruce – They claim to be twins embraced by the same sire. Bless His Grace’s undead heart for finding the most painfully unaware of clan mates! I will, however, slightly rescind that judgment on Mr. Bruce, who has the survival instinct to question our Cardinal’s intents as the city was swept away from the excitement that came with Oberon Corsetti’s downfall. Oh the spoilers…I should start from the beginning.

All festivities at The Church came to a screeching halt as the former prince of Dark Ridge presented the crowd with a threat to attend court at the Corsetti’s estate. Yes, you heard right.  A threat, when such attendance is wholly voluntary in most civil kindred societies. Cardinal Hayes marched bravely, leading the rest of the city before the brash Ventrue Crone and his seething wife, Geogetta Corsetti who hissed at every kindred she passed. Honestly, is this an example of you-are-what you-eat? Lord Bradford might wish to secure his felines from her access while she is still at large.

There was a long discussion between Cardinal Hayes and Lord Corsetti behind closed doors after Huntsville has declared our wish to be acknowledged in the city of Dark Ridge. Doors guarded by the most artificially induced muscle I might add. Imagine my surprise when I entered the room to find out that Lord Corsetti wanted all temporary acknowledged members of Huntsville to offer a monthly blood tithe for the ‘inconvenience’! No thank you, I would rather move to New York City and pay the exorbitant prices for rent before offering blood to a witch and the bewitched. Next thing you know, they might be expecting us to offer our first childe as sacrifice.

The grievous request for vitae can only be rivalled by the presence of an embraced child. Not Childe, mind you, but a girl who looked no older than twelve. Judging by how easily the city is able to find such an abomination, it is no wonder that death is so common in past gatherings. Ashes tell no tales and evidently more than one kindred has met Final Death when they laid eyes on the late Prince’s little secret.

The city of Dark Ridge gathered in unison and revolted against their tyrannical rule against their Prince. Mr. Reynolds nearly took down the door in his need to correct this injustice. A battle ensued between the Ventrue Prince and his city. After being attacked by Lord Bradford’s animals, Lord Corsetti transformed his face into a hideous bloody flesh consisting of mostly teeth. With the help of Mr. Reynolds’s brave distraction tactics, Lord Corsetti was subdued. As a precaution, Madame Perth delivered the final blow with her bowie knife and ensuring the threat was no more. The Kindred of Dark Ridge have made it their responsibility to end the destructive reign that has held the city in fear for many nights. It is a commendable effort worthy of praise for many years to come.

Julia, the embraced child was deemed far too dangerous to the Masquerade and subsequently met her Final Death shortly after. The only Corsetti that remains in the city now, is Geogetta Corsetti, the one whom everyone local so fondly calls ‘The Witch.’ However, before anyone goes on an illicit hunting trip for the Hag, I will indicate that the newly appointed Prince of Dark Ridge, Cardinal Hayes, has graciously welcomed Lady Corsetti to seek acknowledgement as a member of this city and should anyone take harmful action, please do so at your own discretion.

To conclude the night’s events, His Grace, Cardinal Alexandre Hayes claimed praxis and is now the Prince of Dark Ridge, Recognized by the members of the city. Subsequently, the kindred from Huntsville are now all Acknowledged by His Grace. In our next gathering, His Grace would be appointing court officers. Members of Dark Ridge, new and old alike are encouraged to apply. Clans are expected to appoint their Priscus.

Oh, and before I conclude this report, a little reminder on decorum, since this has been so kindly brought to my attentions.  To a certain Venomous Voice, I hope you do not intend to continue your immature blogging accounts on the harpy message boards. The ink that flows with sharpened quills comes with a price – An honor that can only be feared and admired by those who do not feel the weight of its responsibilities. A harpy is not an anonymous title my dear and we are not without our talons. You should get a job while you still have the potential to use them. I hear His Grace is hiring in the next gathering.

Regards,
Miss Victoria Charleston
Acknowledged Ventrue
Acknowledged within The Carthian Movement
Acknowledged in the City of Dark Ridge
Priscilla Tan
Narrators
Narrators

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2014 Report

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:28 am

OOC: I think Jack is an unaligned nosferatu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 am

Ooc: Archer? No, I do believe he is a Shadow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Cline on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:08 pm

OOC: There are two Jacks. Jack Archer is the Invictus Mekhet played by Nick, the other Jack is an unaligned Nosferatu.

**DISCLAIMER**
The contents of this message are fictitious in nature; a discussion of imaginary activities in a pretended "alternate reality" as part of the World of Darkness game setting; they should not be construed as relevant to real world activities involving actual locations or persons living or deceased.
Justin Cline
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Alexander on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

OOC: mwahaha confusion to the masses
Chris Alexander
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down